Advice needed, please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Natalieb74

Re: Advice needed, please

Post by Natalieb74 »

4 hours a day...you must be joking! Even if this is only on weekend days, in my opinion, it's far, far too much! These are young children at school for 6 hours a day, 5 days a week....they need a life and some downtime! My daughter had an hours tutoring every other week after the October half term in Year 5 until the summer holiday prior to the exam, she used Bond online and worked hard at school - she sat the Kent Test, passed and is starting grammar school in September. If you genuinely feel your daughter needs to do that much extra work, perhaps as others have said, she isn't suited to a grammar school? Can I ask how she is performing at her current primary school? Is she working at expected level, exceeding? X
https://t.me/pump_upp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Louise23

Post by Louise23 »

Hi
Dartford girls is probably your best bet as I believe they offer about 80 out of area places to the highest scorers. Journey is only 20 mins from woolwich Arsenal but you would have to factor in 20 mins walk from Dartford station.
Stratford international to Gravesend is a fast journey (15 mins) but I think the grammar there -Mayfield - has a more local admissions policy - you would have to look.
Are you also looking at Bexley schools - if she gets in the top 180 you would get guaranteed place at Chis and Sid, Townley of Bexley Grammar. ( geographically they are nearer I think than Kent school although not sure on the journey time from
where you are. )
Sorry if I’ve repeated anything anyone else has already said- I’ve just skim read the thread.
Good luck.
Verybusymum

Post by Verybusymum »

Depending on where you want to move to in Kent, I just thought I would mention TOGS as this has out of county places too. With the scores your daughter is getting at home, she should have a good chance of getting a Bexley 180 or out of county place at Dartford or Togs, it just depends on what's realistic for travel. Also try not to make the exam such a big deal for her, have some back up plans so she can just do her best and not feel worried. Good luck!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now