WoK lockdown learning

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fmmg

WoK lockdown learning

Post by Fmmg »

Can anyone give information on the amount and effectiveness of lockdown learning/ teaching provision provided by Weald of Kent for year 7/ 8 please?
Sevenoaks mum

Re: WoK lockdown learning

Post by Sevenoaks mum »

I have a daughter at the Sevenoaks annex WOK in year 8. This time around all lessons are live on teams so the lessons are pretty good. The teacher can talk to the class and the girls can either talk or type answers. It's not as effective as being in school obviously but I've no complaints. The IT side of it seems to work well, my daughter never has a problem accessing anything. There is a register taken in every lesson and parents are contacted if the child doesn't attend lessons or complete work set. They are not setting any homework at the moment as they think the girls have enough screen time. They've made some necessary practical changes, for example they don't seem to be doing much DT k because the girls don't have the facilities at home to do the work they would have done in school. Instead all DT lessons seem to be food tech related. Again I see this as a good change as it gets the girls off screens for a lesson, doing something practical and learning to cook can never be a bad thing. For PE lessons there are workouts provided that the girls can do or they are allowed to go for a walk, jog, bike ride or even sledging! School are flexible just as long as the girls are doing some sort of exercise.
Fmmg

Re: WoK lockdown learning

Post by Fmmg »

Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply. This all sounds very good.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now