In year admission to Weald of Kent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
parentneedshelp

In year admission to Weald of Kent

Post by parentneedshelp »

Hello

My dd is in year 7 (non grammar) but wants to apply to WoK where most of her friends are. School has informed us she will need to sit a CAT4 test in the summer although place is not guaranteed even if she passes. She wants to try. We want to support her with question practice just so she is familiar. Can anyone recommend where we can get hold of past/practice papers or good material such as books we can buy, e.g. in WH Smith, to help her?

Many thanks
PerpetualStudent

Re: In year admission to Weald of Kent

Post by PerpetualStudent »

Hi parentneedshelp,

The CAT4 is a cognitive abilities test made by GL Assessment which assesses verbal, non-verbal, spatial and quantitative reasoning. In theory it’s not something you practise for, however, I believe the format is very like the ordinary 11+ exams they make for Kent et al, so their 11+ practice papers would give you a feel for how it works. For the spatial reasoning I think CGP have something that covers that but I’ve never used it.

Have a look at the the GL website for a little more information (most of it is aimed at selling to schools).

https://www.gl-assessment.co.uk/assessments/cat4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HTH
PS
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Do bear in mind that competition for in-year places at a grammar are often more competitive than the usual round. There may be one place with many taking a test for that place, some may be coming from independents, some from other grammars.

Not WoK but another grammar not very far away, about two places have come up in DD’s year group in the last five years.
Sevenoaks mum

Post by Sevenoaks mum »

Presumably her friends are all at one site, either Tonbridge or Sevenoaks? If you applied and got a place you would be given whichever site had a vacancy which may or may not be the site that you want.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now