Change in home address

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sbreee

Change in home address

Post by sbreee »

Hi there,
My son has got admission in Judd for Sept 2021 entry. We are based in Ashford and recently bought a new house here. We still have not got the deal completed, but do I need to make the school aware of this new home address? Will it influence his admission into Judd, I mean will he lose his place?

Thanks.
doodles

Re: Change in home address

Post by doodles »

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

It's probably best if you read the admissions criteria for Judd and follow what they advise, there is also a lot of useful information on the KCC website.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Is Ashford in the Judd inner area or does he have one of the outer area places? Either way, you're not moving from inner to outer area, are you? That's the only move I would imagine would make a difference, given Judd admits on score - and even then I don't know what their policy would be.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Judd have an inner area that doesn’t seem to include Ashford so if you are saying you are based in the Ashford area already then does it really change the criteria much? The outer zone is super competitive with criteria based mainly on score so maybe little difference but tie breakers being on distance may clinch it so so clarify with the admissions team what the scenarios might be.

I know someone who moved into an inner zone but the property had been flagged by admissions as so many families had passed through that property on short lets. I know of other schools who insist even in the digital age of posting out offers as if it isn’t received it may mean they don’t really live there or have moved without updating the school.
Last edited by PettswoodFiona on Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Looking at the admissions info on the school website, the score for the outer area at which distance was employed to discriminate between applicants was 408. So it would appear thatif your DS scored 409 or more, where you live within the outer area would have been irrelevant for allocation purposes. If, however, your DS scored 408 and your new address is further from the school than the one you were at on the relevant cut-off date, the move may attract closer scrutiny.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
sbreee

Post by sbreee »

Thank you all for your responses. They put my mind at peace. DS has scored way over 409.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now