house move to Kent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
John777

house move to Kent

Post by John777 »

hi All,

we are moving to Dartford area (Kent) from London this November and this is a permanent move for all family and not double household or any other comparable reason.

Shall we cancel the CAF which we complete here in London and re-apply to Kent before early December and inform the relevant selective schools and the Kent council?

For the paperwork and information given to council/schools, is there any deadline or cut-off date you are aware of?

It would be great if you let me know about your opinion.

Many thanks,
John
Sorrel

Re: house move to Kent

Post by Sorrel »

As always, best check with the admissions authorities but I'd be very wary of missing the CAF deadline for any reason. House moves can fall through and you really don't want to be left at the back of the queue if your move is delayed. I would doubt that submitting a CAF on time in London would have any ill effect on your late application when you move into Kent.
John777

Post by John777 »

Sorrel wrote:As always, best check with the admissions authorities but I'd be very wary of missing the CAF deadline for any reason. House moves can fall through and you really don't want to be left at the back of the queue if your move is delayed. I would doubt that submitting a CAF on time in London would have any ill effect on your late application when you move into Kent.

Thank you Sorrel, much appreciated.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I’d agree with Sorrel. Get your application in in time, as until you’ve actually completed and set a moving date, nothing is set in stone.

Worry about changing it once you’ve moved, but worth checking now with both LAs what the process is and what the implactions are
doodles

Post by doodles »

I agree with all the advice that the others have given you but would add that I have always found KCC to be very helpful.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
John777

Post by John777 »

thank you @doodles @Tinkers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now