Kent Test results 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Frbm

Re: Kent Test results 2021

Post by Frbm »

amyvan wrote:
Frbm wrote:
amyvan wrote:Hi my DD got 400 and we are out of catchment.Is there a chance for Dartford girll or tonbridge girls
My post above has historical scores for Tonbridge.
thank you

Post by 121 »

Alesca wrote:Hi,

First of all congratulations to all the proud parents( Kids deserves BIG treat today :) ).

We live in Kidbrooke and My daughter has passed the Kent exam, Can someone suggest the best grammar and non-grammar school choices for us? Thanks

For Kent, the grammars that would not rule you out by distance criteria that we know of are Dartford Girls and Tonbridge Girls. We were looking at both schools, Dartford Girls require a slightly lower score than Tonbridge and will be easier to get to from Kidbrooke.
Sunilvsn

Post by Sunilvsn »

Hi My son scored 356 in total. However, failed in English, scored 103, passed in math (120) and reasoning (133). What are the chances if I go for appeal for grammar admissions? Thank you all

Post by 121 »

Frbm wrote:For those OOC - where are you from and are Kent schools your preference? I’m in Bromley and until now Newstead was my first choice, then C&S. Now we’re are reevaluating with Kent options…
Received email with score of 419 so also re-evaluating Kent schools such as Tonbridge Girls, went to Dartford Girls Open yesterday and it was good but Newstead Woods is still preferred over that (even with their swimming pool)!

We are in Bexley Borough.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Sunilvsn wrote:Hi My son scored 356 in total. However, failed in English, scored 103, passed in math (120) and reasoning (133). What are the chances if I go for appeal for grammar admissions? Thank you all
Commiserations Sunilvsn, hope he is OK about it. There is advice in the appeals thread - do you know if his school submitted his application for a headteacher review ahead of the results?
Frbm

Post by Frbm »

121 wrote:
Frbm wrote:For those OOC - where are you from and are Kent schools your preference? I’m in Bromley and until now Newstead was my first choice, then C&S. Now we’re are reevaluating with Kent options…
Received email with score of 419 so also re-evaluating Kent schools such as Tonbridge Girls, went to Dartford Girls Open yesterday and it was good but Newstead Woods is still preferred over that (even with their swimming pool)!

I have twins so I must manage their scores, schools criteria and historical cut-off. I can’t risk having them going to completely different places (for instance, one to Tonbridge and other to Dartford). When most parents can just choose the order and hope to be offered the highest preferences, I can’t just do it. That’s a though situation.
Anna2018

Post by Anna2018 »

121 wrote:

What do you think about Tonbridge Girls vs Newstead? I went to Tonbridge a few years back, not this time around. Did not think about it seriously until DD got a confident score for Tonbridge, so somewhat confused now.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Alesca wrote:Hi,

First of all congratulations to all the proud parents( Kids deserves BIG treat today :) ).

We live in Kidbrooke and My daughter has passed the Kent exam, Can someone suggest the best grammar and non-grammar school choices for us? Thanks
Kent admissions policies are collated in these two documents (they are split according to whether the admission authority is Kent CC or the school itself):

https://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/p ... 2-2023.pdf

https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-c ... /?a=121177
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx

Post by 121 »

Anna2018 wrote: What do you think about Tonbridge Girls vs Newstead? I went to Tonbridge a few years back, not this time around. Did not think about it seriously until DD got a confident score for Tonbridge, so somewhat confused now.
Tonbridge is a newer school with newer facilities than Newstead, but Newstead has a smaller intake. Tonbridge also is an IB school rather than A-level (if you want to look that far ahead) which Newstead is. Also, friends with girls at Tonbridge (who love it) says the languages on offer are French, Spanish and Latin. Newstead offer French, German and Spanish in year 7 but also offer extra languages from year 8 such as Chinese and Japanese.

Seeing as Open Days for these schools may not be possible now, have a look at their websites for videos by the pupils on year 7 admissions and then decide which courses you think will suit best.

Good luck!
Katienew

Post by Katienew »

Frbm wrote:
Katienew wrote:Good luck for everyone, DS scored good ooc score, sohoping he will get Judd. DD has 398, will it be good enough for TOGS OOC?
Do you have twins too? I saw someone else saying she has twin girls, I have twin girls as well. How interesting!

Re the scores, it seems that the range was quite wide last years, so difficult to say. I think there’s a good chance, all depending on the cohort this year. We got 397 / 393, so if one got in, we would probably have to place the other in waiting list….

Got this from another thread:

“Year 1st round of offers 2nd round of offers From the waiting list
2017 372/395 372/389 370/387
2018 369/394 365/405 363/392
2019 371/393 368/400 367/388
2020 380/399 377/401 377/387
2021 379/402 372/401 370/400

First figure is Area/second figure is Governor(Out of County)“
Thanks frbm, have boy girl twins, thinking about choices carefully as would like them to go to schools in the same area. Considering moving to tonbridge though as will make our lives easier if both go to school there. We have been contemplating the move for a while but were really hoping for results so we can chose area based on their schools. Good luck for your 2, they will both definitely get dartford, tgs has a high likelihood but given the cutoffs last year, we never know.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now