Judd, Skinners, Dartford OOC scores historically

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MARC1

Judd, Skinners, Dartford OOC scores historically

Post by MARC1 »

Can anyone advise roughly on figures required for OOC successful admission to Judd, Skinners or Dartford? I'm assuming the OOC score offers will differ from national offer day (1 March) compared to nearer the September start of term. Just need to gauge if my son got a score of 382, am I wasting my time putting any of these schools onto the form as a choice.
hermanmunster

Re: Judd, Skinners, Dartford OOC scores historically

Post by hermanmunster »

there are a few scores mentioned on here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 19&t=61795" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - there must be more somewhere, I'll try to find them later this afternoon
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Looks like Dartford boys 2021 was:

401 ooc
381 IC

Judd cut off scores 2021:

inner area 387 (2020: 385)
outer area 408 (2020: 407)
not all students on those scores being offered a place
MARC1

Post by MARC1 »

thank you
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Skinners' doesn't admit on pure score any more; there is a threshold of 360 but then it's on pupil premium/ siblings/ sons of staff/ distance, with most of the places reserved to an inner area and about 20 for out of county.
jnabhishek

Post by jnabhishek »

please suggest past 10 or 5 years minimum and maximum cut off scores for inner area and outer area for the Judd school, Dartford and Skinners. We are currently living in Hertfordshire and willing to move. My son total score is 394, please suggest this year.. how was the result and chances of 394 to get through the Judd school with inner area catchment.

Also as the inner area catchment for Judd and Dartford are different, we are quite confused where to move...we had reffered ranking list from the Britannia (https://britannia-study.com.my/top-grammar-schools-uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)where Dartford is at 21st rank and Judd at 73 rank, while at goverment site based on 2019 data (https://www.compare-school-performance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. ... asc&page=1)....Judd is at 11 place while couldn't find Dartford anywhere in the list.

Please suggest which school is better Dartford or Judd in terms of acadmic, sports, school env., A level result and entry to good unis.
Thanks
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

They're both great schools, their websites will have plenty of information and you might still be able to visit. They're in very different areas of Kent as you know. What about your job/ partner's job, the rest of your son's year 6 education, primary places for any other children you have? To be eligible for in area you would need to move quickly and completely, severing links with your current address, or any place you get could be withdrawn. So it's more than just choosing between two very high calibre schools, and not something people on here can necessarily advise on.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Just on the moving completely point, there was an appeals thread last year started by someone who got a Kent grammar place for their son but it was withdrawn because on investigation the school wasn't convinced the child had actually moved by the deadline:

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 35&t=60493" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

MARC1 wrote:Can anyone advise roughly on figures required for OOC successful admission to Judd, Skinners or Dartford? I'm assuming the OOC score offers will differ from national offer day (1 March) compared to nearer the September start of term. Just need to gauge if my son got a score of 382, am I wasting my time putting any of these schools onto the form as a choice.
Skinners only went out to 2.3 miles on first offers last year - you now need to live very close to the school. It's lovely for my Y7 son as all of his friends are now very local, whereas my two older ones who are also there, have friends from much further away (which comes with its own challenges for the boys). You could check with the school, but I wouldn't have thought 382 would be enough for an OOC/outer area score - most of the OOC scored over 400 last year.
monochromecat

Post by monochromecat »

Part of the reason for Judd and Skinners being lower is that they don't jump through the progress 8 hoops as carefully as other schools, so for example top set maths might sit it in yr10 rather than yr11 or they might let a child drop all languages if they have other strengths. This does not necessarily make them a worse school. They have no shortage of local applicants who like the school regardless of the rankings.