Cut off marks for kent grmammer schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Vasuin

Cut off marks for kent grmammer schools

Post by Vasuin »

Would you please advise on cut off marks obtained by pupil in Wilmington and Turnwell bridge for 2020 admission in year 7 .My son has obtained a total score of 371 and more than 110 in each subject.
Please let us know cut off marks for these Kent schools

Vasu
hermanmunster

Re: Cut off marks for kent grmammer schools

Post by hermanmunster »

Whereabouts is Turnwell Bridge?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Wilmington admits on a pass in the Kent test and then mainly on place of residence. Even the 'top score' places are restricted to those living within 5 miles of the school.

https://www.wgsb.org.uk/176/admissions

Somebody did link on another thread to information about how far admissions went out for this year's entry; with a bulge class taken (temporary PAN of 180); iirc approximately 5 boys from outside the 'named parishes' were offered places.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The ‘cut-off’ point varies each year with the cohort, you could try a search on the forum for previous years to get a general idea
BR5mum

Post by BR5mum »

Do you mean Tunbridge Wells? You just need a pass, and then after Looked After Children, siblings, and Health and Special Access reasons, it's done on distance (children within 3 miles, then named parishes, then distance). The distance was 13 miles for 2020 admission, although it's likely to increase with the new annexe in Sevenoaks.

You can find the oversubscription criteria and the named parishes on the Wilmington and Tunbridge Wells school websites.
Vasuin

Re: Cut off marks for Kent Grammar schools 2021

Post by Vasuin »

Hi ,
Thanks for replying me earlier. I want to know what was cut off marks for Tunbridge Wells Grammar School For Boys, in reference to inside candidates as well as outside candidates in 2020 & 2021. Would you please help?

Regards
Vasu
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

TWGSB doesn't allocate on score (once a pass is achieved), as explained above. So there are no cut off scores. Your first post doesn't sound as though you live in or near Tunbridge Wells or Kent, and you would need to for TWGSB.
Vasuin

Re: Moving to Kent for School Admission

Post by Vasuin »

Hi.

Thanks for your reply earlier. 

My son has secured 371 in Kent test & obtained more than 110 in each subject. My son wrote the exam as an outside Kent candidate. If we move in the catchment of the school by December, will he be able to obtain a place in the school?

If I apply in Tunbridge Wells Grammar School For Boys and move to Kent by December this year near in the school catchment and get my son admitted to a primary school , will he be able to get a place in Tunbridge Wells Grammar School For Boys for 2022 entry?

Regards
Vasu
doodles

Post by doodles »

You really need to look at the school website as all the admissions criteria are there as are links to the KCC website which gives further information. Failing that if you search this forum the information should also be there.

Unfortunately the scores and distances will change with each new cohort so nothing can be definite, you should also be aware that TWGSB has opened an annexe in Sevenoaks and, if your ds was awarded a place at the school, he could be allocated to that site. All this is explained on the Yr 7 admissions page of the website.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Vasuin

Post by Vasuin »

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply. I read the minimum admission criteria in Kent . My son qualifies that.
I also read admission criteria for Tunbridge Wells Boys' Grammar School, I did not get the last years cut off marks for IC & OC.

I am in the process of moving to Tunbridge Wells location, and want to assess whether my son would be able to get into Tunbridge Wells Boys' Grammar School or in Sevenoaks or any other grammar school with his marks 371.

If are able to give your view on the basis of last years admission criteria/ cut off marks, I will be highly obliged.

Regards
Vasu
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now