Change of address deadline

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Kaulingm

Change of address deadline

Post by Kaulingm »

Hello all, I recognise I am posting this quite late in the day but any help and advice would be hugely appreciated and gratefully received. My daughter successfully cleared the Kent 11 + selection test and most of the schools we nominated as our preferences are in Kent. We currently live OOC and currently in the process of looking for a home in Sevenoaks but I doubt we will make the 10th December deadline. My question is: how will our application be treated if we move into Kent after the change of address deadline but before Offer Date? My understanding is that we can still be considered for the subsequent waiting lists but I wondered if anyone here has actually been through a similar situation at all? Thanks so much for your help folks!
scary mum

Re: Change of address deadline

Post by scary mum »

I will move your post to the Kent section. I'm not from the area, but in the area I am familiar with the application would be considered as a late application & the new address would be considered in the second round of alloactions. Someone from Kent will be able to confirm how it is handled there (it should say on the Kent Council website as well).
scary mum
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I've just checked & according to the Kent Council website it would be a late application:
Applications received after Friday 10 December 2021 but before Tuesday 15 March 2022 will not receive a
school offer on Tuesday 1 March 2022. KCC will consider these new applications with applicants that have joined a
school’s waiting list on the reallocation date of Tuesday 26April 2022. New applicants will be sent an email after 4pm where they have provided an email address, and letters will
be posted first class to all other parents.
scary mum
Sevenoaks mum

Post by Sevenoaks mum »

If you are very close to moving speak to KCC. I was moving house at the time I applied for a primary school place. KCC gave me a two week extension to their published deadline. I didn't have to actually move by that date. As long as I had either signed a rental agreement or exchanged contracts on a house purchase they would count that as my new address. This was 11 years ago though so the process may have changed but I do remember KCC being very helpful.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

If you do have to do a late application, a fair few children in West Kent apply for grammar places but end up going private, so there is usually some movement after the first round.
Kaulingm

Post by Kaulingm »

scary mum wrote:I've just checked & according to the Kent Council website it would be a late application:
Applications received after Friday 10 December 2021 but before Tuesday 15 March 2022 will not receive a
school offer on Tuesday 1 March 2022. KCC will consider these new applications with applicants that have joined a
school’s waiting list on the reallocation date of Tuesday 26April 2022. New applicants will be sent an email after 4pm where they have provided an email address, and letters will
be posted first class to all other parents.
Thank you so much and huge apologies for the late reply!
Kaulingm

Post by Kaulingm »

Thank you all so very much and my apologies for the ridiculously late reply. Your replies have been most helpful. I am hoping to be able to submit a signed tenancy agreement by the 10th of this month (fingers crossed!) which is the deadline date but tenancy only starts from 30th January. I am hoping that as long as paperwork is submitted by deadline date and I am in the property by 1st March, it shouldn’t be a problem. I can only hope this is the case! Have you know anyone to be in a similar situation? I have written to KCC who say they need documents submitted but despite asking, don’t specifically reply on the part of a tenancy agreement starting later than submission date. So fingers crossed! Thanks so much once again.