Travelling from Orpington to TWGSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
monolaoye

Travelling from Orpington to TWGSB

Post by monolaoye »

Hello all
does anybody know about the private bus /coach from Orpington to TWGSB? How do I register or contact the coach company please for this? My son will be traveling from orpington to the school starting from September. Just looking at traveling options
PettswoodFiona

Re: Travelling from Orpington to TWGSB

Post by PettswoodFiona »

This thread discussed getting from Orpington to the TW schools and may prove useful: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 5&p=762373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
doodles

Post by doodles »

monolaoye wrote:Hello all
does anybody know about the private bus /coach from Orpington to TWGSB? How do I register or contact the coach company please for this? My son will be traveling from Orpington to the school starting from September. Just looking at traveling options
Is he going to the main site in TW or the Sevenoaks site?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
MARC1

Post by MARC1 »

doodles wrote:
does anybody know about the private bus /coach from Orpington to TWGSB? How do I register or contact the coach company please for this? My son will be traveling from Orpington to the school starting from September. Just looking at traveling options

My understanding is that its TW. Apparently not the cheapest but it does drop right into the school.
monolaoye

Post by monolaoye »

MARC1 wrote:
doodles wrote:

My understanding is that its TW. Apparently not the cheapest but it does drop right into the school.
Yes its Tunbridge well.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Really the train will be quicker, give him more independence and allow him to take part in after school clubs. It may seem hard thinking of them making these journeys on their own but it isn’t unusual for children this age to be travel independently and you get some practice in now before the start of term. .
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

There will be plenty of other boys for TWGSB on the train too
Fmmg

Post by Fmmg »

Can someone with a son at TWGSB describe which way they walk from High Brooms station to the school. It took us a good 20 mins via Highfield Road and Powder Mill Lane, so am wondering which route boys take which is only 10-15 mins! Thanks.
MARC1

Post by MARC1 »

Its probably 17 mins roughly for children.

- When you come out the station walk straight upto or in order to use the zebra crossing.
- Take second right down Holmewood road.
- Take left corner at top of Holmewood road and walk across small park area on paved walk way
- walk on paved walkway past new houses
- take right on Montgomery road (walk round the bend)
- take right again into Cunningham road
- at end of Cunningham road you take a left into Powder Mill Lane and walk down.

Its probably 15mins for an adult.

To be honest I reckon this walk which most kids do will probably be similar to the walk you described on Highfield road. As I know some boys go to school via 'McColl's'.
Fmmg

Post by Fmmg »

Many thanks, appreciate the reply. Hope you have been happy with the school/ journey to it from Orpington.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now