Maidstone Girls Grammar intake of State/Private Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
1sttimer

Maidstone Girls Grammar intake of State/Private Girls

Post by 1sttimer »

While TOGs and Weald are around 50/50 from private and state schools, can anyone tell me what the ratio is MGGS? Thanks
Headcorn Mum

Post by Headcorn Mum »

I have two daughters at MGGS (they will be in years 9 and 11 in September). From my understanding, most transfer from state schools, although there are a few from the private schools.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Are there many private schools around the area? had a friend in the area and when we discussing schools it didn't seem as though there were many within reasonable distance. I remember one of the boys schools closed a few years back leading to more lads wanting places at a local junior school.
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Slightly off subject but does anyone know the state/private figures for the boys GS's Judd, Skinners and Tunbridge Wells Grammar School for Boys?

Thanks
Villagedad
One Down

Post by One Down »

Hi 1sttimer,
I'm interested in your 50/50 private to state intake figures for Weald and TOGS as my experience of these schools puts it at much lower private intake. Yes, there are plenty of affluent families but a surprising number of those attended good state primaries in this area. Did the figures come from an official source? Just curious...!
1sttimer

Post by 1sttimer »

Thanks for the replies. The 50/50 came from a conversation with friends whose children go to TOGs not from any offical figures. They were saying that there are more privately educated children at TOGS and Weald compared to the Maidstone Grammars. I was from the viewpoint that I was surprised it was as high as 50/50 and your feedback confirms what I thought.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now