Judd/Skinners Admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Very interesting arguements! And I find myself agreeing with aspects of both camps.

In Villagedad's post, he says that pupils who achieve the pass mark should go to their local grammer school - surely that happens. It's just that the pass mark is very high for these schools.

But I also agree that kids should go to their local schools. Its good for the children and local community if children get thier education locally.

Also, if I live close to a good school, but was just over the border (but still very close), i would definitely would want my children to go to that school.

Also, if my local schools weren't good (fortunately not in that situation), I would consider sending my child farther afield to get good education (even though I hate the ideal of kids commuting).

Lets face it, everyone wants what is best for thir offspring and we're all prepared to do what is necessary.

Not sure whather these comments contribute to the post but just my thoughts.
2d12go

Re: Judd/Skinners Admissions

Post by 2d12go »

sevenoaksdad wrote:The Kent Admissions Forum have decided to discuss the admissions arrangements of Judd and Skinners in order to to decide whether or not the Forum wishes to refer the matter to the Schools' Adjudicator.

The meeting will be on Thursday 10th September at 10am at County Hall. The Forum is looking for up to four objectors either in person or in writing to make their case as to why the current admissions arrangements of the schools should be further investigated. This may be parents of children from West Kent allocated places this year in schools in East Kent or parents concerned about what may happen next year or in subsequent years.

Anybody interested in further details please drop me a PM.
I wondered if anybody had heard anything about the outcome of this meeting?