Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
makesmum

Familiarisation

Post by makesmum »

Hi

My first post!

My DS is taking 11+ this month. Our school told us that there will be familiarisation tests next week. We don't go back till Monday.

I wonder if anyone can tell me - are these dates set by KCC so that they are all on the same day? And if so what days have they been set for?

My DS is an anxious child and the earlier I can prepare him for what is going to happen the better.

Many thanks!
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Ours are next Thurs and Fri. However I don't know whether the dates are the same across Kent.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Sorry don't know the dates either, but you can reassure your son it is all pretty low key. The idea is to get them used to sitting in the exam room that your school will use, doing the sorts of question types that might come up etc.

The papers are just one of those NFER ones in each subject (only three or four available in each subject area, so you may have done them at home with your son already).

I don't think the school bothers marking them, and even if they do it's impossible for them to translate the score into anything which would indicate whether it would have been a pass or not.

So it is just a bit of extra practice, that is all.

Good luck.
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Ours are next Friday or the following Monday (i.e the day before the actual tests!!) I just hope my son does his on Friday.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now