Examination information before Saturday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tracy

Post by Tracy »

It wouldn't have to be at the weekend, the 'outsiders' could have the time off of school and the Kent kids could take it in their own surroundings.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Well that seems like the perfect solution...I'd certainly have no arguments against that! :)
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Hang on! The KENT test being an advantage to KENT residents :wink: Now that is a can of worms....
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Well at least this way, out of county kids wouldn't get bomdarded with 4 tests in one day :shock: and the answers from the Kent kids couldn't sneak out. :(

Would sats be administered like this current system? No
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Non-Bexley residents are sitting the Bexley tests in my older sons' Bexley school hall on Tuesday and Wednesday next week - the same days as Bexley residents. If our secondary schools are willing and able to put up with the disruption of allowing out of borough children to come into the school over a two day period to do selection tests for places at Bexley schools, then I really don't understand why Kent can't reciprocate and allow out of county children to do the Kent tests at the same time and spread over the same number of days as Kent residents. That would seem to me to be the fair thing to do.

Worriedmumof3 - I'm not really sure why you are so concerned. I've had two children sit (and pass) the 11+ and the amount of information I was able to get out of them after the tests was absolutely minimal. They certainly have never told me anything which might have been remotely helpful to someone sitting the test later, had I been so minded to pass on such information. Knowing how many questions there are in an NVR section, or whether the maths paper was really hard, or whether there were a lot of code questions on the VR paper is not going to help anyone.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Please remember - sick or not(and I understand!) don't tell anyone anything until 10.00am Saturday!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

But there will be Kent residents and non-Kent residents sitting the tests after Saturday due to illness. Aren't you worried they might benefit from any information released after 10am on Saturday? :wink: One of my son's friends sat his 11+ about a month after everyone else as he was so unwell.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Good point! But we need to share stress! Do they definitely do the same paper????
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

There are some 10,000 Kent pupils who have taken the test on tue/Wed at probably several hundred schools, and administered by hundreds of teachers and others. I think it is very naive in the extreme not to suspect that there will be some pupils sitting the test on Sat who have been prepped in every question, and that there are many others who will have a good idea of the content of the papers. I am one of about 20,000 parents of children who took the test today and yesterday. I know the content of the English paper, I have a very good idea of the content of the Maths paper, and of the question types that were in the VR and NVR papers. I will be pretty ****** off if my DD fails by a few points.
toy

Post by toy »

I don't know why anyone would worry about words getting out to kids sitting their tests on saturday. I'll be surprised if you could get any meaningful information from your DC after the tests. I feel the really disadvantage kids are the ones that'll have to sit 4 straight tests in one day. Whoever came up with that idea!!! they're just 10year olds!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now