NVR out of county testing at Judd 19th Sept

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

noma wrote:Paris, I have received the standard email from KCC saying that if the investigation shows that there was a problem then in those cases they will just produce a report which we can use it as part of the appeal process. :cry:
So have KCC actually admitted there was a problem? You say the email says IF the investigation shows there was a problem....I'm afraid that doesn't sound like an admission.

Does the email give a timeline on when they expect to conclude the investigation?
noma

Post by noma »

No they haven't completed the investigation and expecting a report shortly. It also says they are going to compare the scores of the children from the class who reported the timing problem to those of the other classes and if the scores of all children that class are uncharacterstically low then the timing difference would be apparent.

And then says what they would do in such cases, i.e., going through the appeal process as re-test cannot be done.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Well thats good news that they are expecting a report shortly. You can then decide how to proceed once the results of the report are known.

Keep in touch.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

If they need to compare scores from different classes to see if they indicate a shortage of time then that suggests the invigilator must be saying the correct time was allowed. Unless they don't want to admit their mistake of course. But I would have thought that, for 11+ exams, a record would be kept of exact start/finish times in the event of a complaint such as this so if an invigilator tries to deny a mistake they will be contradicting the record. It can't be unusual for children to claim they weren't allowed enough time, so if a parent subsequently complains it's then possible to check the official record to confirm how much time was allowed. For so many children to have been affected something clearly has gone wrong and I do think you should form a group to put pressure on KCC (contact your MP?).

If someone is ill or there is an interuption I would also expect the invigilator to make a note of this and an estimate of how long the interruption might have disturbed the group so that this can be taken into account at appeal. But maybe I take these exams more seriously than KCC!
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

I thought i read here that the invigilator was from Judd? Also another teacher? Cant be hard for KCC to track them down.... :?
Surely they must have realised there was a problem. I wonder if they owned up :roll:
CH

Timing issues

Post by CH »

My D was also affected by the timing issues.
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

'******' suggests when this problem has occurred at other schools the only solution within the rules is to take individual cases to Independent Appeal Panel.
Panel would look at appeal sympathetically if one score very different from others in these cases.
He would be interested to learn of any cases when results are released on 19th to assess scale of problem.