Who else is biting their nails?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
aron

Post by aron »

Am in a very bad situation.Leave the nails...the result is eating my brain out.My heart beats faster when i think about 19 or 20.Am sick and tired of the situation
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

'scanning for scraps of information' - I agree! My eldest dd also y9, also rolls up skirt, also wears eyeliner. Just want the same for the second. But result dependant. Nails all gone. Awake this morning at 6 worrying- husband thinks i am totally daft!
rachel'smum

Post by rachel'smum »

At least we all know we are not alone eh!! Wish I had a time machine.***[/quote]
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

The primary schools should be receiving the results by the end of this week/beginning of next week, for HT appeals etc. I think I will feel a lot worse then! :?
alexandra6

Post by alexandra6 »

Another day, another 24 hours of wondering and worrying. Even the cat killing a bird and leaving a huge pile of feathers and remains by the back door for me this morning has not stopped me constantly wondering. I asked DS about the maths paper and what sort of questions there were but he could only remeber 2. Subtle enquiries seem to suggest he got those 2 right. So 2/50 A small victory, better than 0/50. As for the rest of the papers, couldn't get any info out of him so just left to imagine what might have gone on ...
rachel'smum

Post by rachel'smum »

Medway Mum I agree - I am ashamed to admit I will be trying to read the faces of the head / deputy head whenever I see her from now until the 19th!! :oops:
dikili

Post by dikili »

I felt I had not been giving it too much thought and then I had a dream last night in which he failed. You know how real dreams can be, it was just awful I was on the phone his little face watching me and I had to give him the bad news. Hopefully this particular dream won't come true.
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

dikili wrote:I felt I had not been giving it too much thought and then I had a dream last night in which he failed. You know how real dreams can be, it was just awful I was on the phone his little face watching me and I had to give him the bad news. Hopefully this particular dream won't come true.
I had a dream very similar on Tuesday night. It was horrible!
alfie2

Post by alfie2 »

Feeling the same here.

My daughter's Head told everyone she gets the results at the end of next week so appeals can be sorted out in plenty of time.

Not particularly comforting, in fact I think I would rather not have been told that but on the other hand perhaps we can all look out for expressions or meanings in conversations that happen in the following week.

Roll on the 19th.
Alfie
shuff

Post by shuff »

I was in the same boat last year, and then came the open evenings at those schools nobody had a clue whether their children would be able to get into because the results were not in. Real torture I can tell you!