Missing Books!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

medwaymum

Missing Books!

Post by medwaymum »

Yes its that time of year again when the schools find out the Kent results and some children's books go 'missing'. DS's head came and took some books today but he doesn't know whose yet... :?
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Gulp! :shock: hold on to your hats!!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I hate this bit! I wish they would just give the results out (like the Medway do) and then you know if they are going to appeal for you or not.
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

I asked my son if any of his books or anyone else's books had gone and he said he didn't think so! I asked if anyone had been asked to take back last years books and he said no!
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

particularly ridiculous when all the open days are now and you are all wandering around thinking 'the head knows its worth me looking around this school!!!'
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

Even worse if you are still agonising over whether to put DC in for a second 11+, 2 days before the results come out.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

dadofkent - I'm in the same boat as you! Doing the Medway on 17th, results for Kent 19th.... :roll:
;kysiesmum

Post by ;kysiesmum »

Does anyone know how long the books would be gone for? Only my ds said his literacy book was missing yesterday but back today along with a classmates. Do they normally only take one book? and the one for there weakest subject as literacy is his weakness. I don't know whether to be worried or not.
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

I would see it as a possitive... they took it to consider, and he possibly could be very close to passing.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I wonder if they take photocopies for the appeal, so the books aren't gone too long!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now