Getting results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bexley Mum 2

Getting results

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Have got a complete mental block about the Kent results. Am I right in thinking that I will get an email after 4pm on Monday 19th that will just say pass or fail and that I still need to get actual scores from my primary head? I really ought to know this - and probably did last week - but my brain is turning to mush with the stress.....
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I think this is right. I am fascinated by the thought of all these emails being sent at 4.00pm. The entire internet will be awash with emails and parents trying to get online. Will the system work? Or will some of us still be huddled over our laptops gone midnight still desperately pressing send/receive in the hope that something comes through - and probably then find the email has been sitting in junk mail for hours! Am assuming KCC not giving the results.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

They didn't give results two years ago - had to get them from my DS's primary HT. I did email KCC to try and get them but they refused.

Last time HT was very careful to ask me to confirm that I had received a letter from KCC confirming that DS had passed before any results were forthcoming. I'm thinking now I might ring up primary at 4pm on the dot on the 19th and ask to speak to HT, then announce in a neutral voice that I've had the email (whether I have or haven't) so could I please have the scores....
SSM

Post by SSM »

I don't see why the HT can't give you the scores before you get the email. As long as it's not before 4pm.

Last year, as it was during half-term our HT emailed the scores in the morning that we should have received the letter on. So the letters were posted on the Monday and we got the email from the HT about 6am on the Tuesday morning, before we received the letter from the postman.

A couple of years ago, when it was the firtst year that you could apply on line and when the test was in Jan, KCC did not email the school allocation but you had to log on to the website and get your results. Well you can guess the outcame, I think we were trying from 9am til 11am with no luck, so we ended up going to the school and getting the results.