17 hours to go

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MJMoore

Post by MJMoore »

I've not been too bad, but then I've always known that my little one is rather borderline. More than anything, I want her to have passed, so that she can see that it's worth putting in the extra work - to work hard and still fail is a tough lesson for one so young.

Anyway, I'm at work today, so will have half an eye on my email later. I've told her I'm not telling her until I get in.. but if she's passed, I shall give in and give her a call.. she'll be in with daddy.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

I actually SLEPT quite well! Can't understand why after the Bexley misery.
Again with Kent, it could go either way.
It's so frustrating, she is very capable but doesn't always apply herself, can be away with the fairies at times .......... :roll:
Good luck everyone.
alfie2

Post by alfie2 »

Just over 6 hours to go and thinking of you all who have helped me through this.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY
Alfie
Blakesmum

Post by Blakesmum »

Oh soooo tired very little sleep last night.
I was going to go in to uni today to pass some time, but my middle child is poorly on the sofa.
My homework is done...and the clock is slowing down!!
Yarny

Post by Yarny »

Good luck, the only reassuring thing I can tell myself is to put it in perspective - the other week I met some Ugandan children orphaned by parents with AIDS.

After all this stress, I recommend a serious treat - trip to spa perhaps!
jingle

Post by jingle »

I really feel for you Tracy. My son is exactly the same and he can perform to extremes either way. I am not holding my breath for today. Some children ,however bright do not do themselves justice in test conditions. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and your daughter x
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Still here - trying to work.Have to work. Just a shame work is on the computer - so keep trying the Kent website too!
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Thanks Jingle.

Whatever the result is, if it's representative of the child then how can anyone grumble?

But when you know that it's simply not right it's so hard to take.

Thinking of you too. x
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

I'm not hopeful but still nervous after last week's Bexley news. Wilm. Boy's had their OOC open day this morning so been there "just in case". Why couldn't they do it tomorrow???

I wonder who made the decision to give the result news at 4pm? Why not a different time, do you think it is so it is after school so that they children have time to adjust to the news over night before school the next day?

My DS is poorly today so at home so at least that his a little distraction. I read somewhere that some people didn't get their email till after 6pm... i've got parents evening at 6pm aggggggghhhhhhhhh.
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Neurotic kent Mum. I remember you being a great support to us all last year when we were going through it! So i would also like to pass on my best wishes to you (and everyone). Not long now, everything crossed for you all :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now