Didn't get the result we wanted.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jenhug

Didn't get the result we wanted.

Post by jenhug »

Score was too low. Don't know the exact numbers but our H/T said very low.
Dreading telling her, I feel so sad for her.
alexandra6

Post by alexandra6 »

Just give her a big hug and let her know how special she is, everyone is good at lots of things, passing tests is not everyone's best thing, she'll still shine.
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh, I'm sorry. I hate this side of it, the disappointment. I'm sure you'll be able to make her feel special and that it doesn't matter.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Commiserations jenhug, she tried, that's all anyone could do and she's still your special girl who will do amazingly well wherever she goes.

Big hug for dd and take her out/get her a pressie anyway, she deserves it.
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

but she did so well at the age of 10 to cope with such a big exam - that's a success in itself. I bet you're still really proud of how she approached it? And you supported her through the whole process with no-one falling apart? So well done to you and her both!!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I can only imagine what you are going through. You must be feeling awful inside. If you can - no matter how you feel - you need to try to paint this in as positive a way for your daughter that you can.

Parenting sometimes involves the most amazing acting skills. Good luck.

We hear so often on this forum that the pain, certainly for the child, fades quickly and then they get on with things. We also hear some amazing feedback from those whose children did not get into the desired school - they settle quickly and thrive.

I know that must seem impossible to believe at the moment. I hope that things work out well for you. x
jenhug

Post by jenhug »

We've still got the medway test to get through, should I wait until Thursday PM when this is over with? She is SEN and has special measures in place for the Medway test but had nothing for the Kent test.

Her H/T said the numbers 90 and 90 sprang to mind but could not remember off the top of her head.

Just had the email saying she has been assessed suitable for a place at a high school.

I didn't think she would pass but I still feel so sad.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Hi Jenhug, I assume you are the same as the jenhug I know from `elsewhere`.
I`m so sorry you didn`t get the result you wanted, we are still waiting for ours and I feel sick for her.
Just let her know you are proud of her for how hard she tried, at the end of the day that is all you can ask from her...and she did that.
Monicas Mum

Post by Monicas Mum »

Sending you hugs and be strong. My DS didn't get selected 3 years ago and is having the time of his life and doing so well at high school, am sure it was meant to be.

Try to hone in on the positive sides of your high school choice and go from there.

Take care xx
jenhug

Post by jenhug »

U400JB9 wrote:Hi Jenhug, I assume you are the same as the jenhug I know from `elsewhere`.
I`m so sorry you didn`t get the result you wanted, we are still waiting for ours and I feel sick for her.
Just let her know you are proud of her for how hard she tried, at the end of the day that is all you can ask from her...and she did that.
I am sure I am the one and only Jenhug! LOL!

Trouble is, when you have your childs peadatrician telling you its in the childs interest to get them into grammar school what the **** do you do?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now