He didn't pass!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Twinkles, I'm so sorry its not the news you wanted. Big hugs from us.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

My young lady is very tearful at the moment, but is taking on board all the positive stuff on here.
She badly wants to be a vet, and school have predicted high 5`s for her. She`ll just have to work a bit harder thats all...hopefully she`ll get to follow her dream
Ogremum

Post by Ogremum »

my daughter has my sense of humour - she thinks its funny that she has not reached it by the minutest amount, get actual scores tomorrow but managed to wheedle of of head that it literally was down to one score not being OVER 117
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Absolutely U400jb9. Remember she will probably be top of the class and that will be a real boost for her. Having supportive parents is half the battle of a successful education (in my humble opinion)
reginaphalangie

Post by reginaphalangie »

TOTALLY agree tonbridge mum - supportive parents and good home-school communication - regardless of childs ability and the 'overall appearance' of a school - these first two factors are the most important. I have taught at both Grammar and High Schools over the last 14 years and the kids at the schools who have these, succeed and those that don't have these, flounder.
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Thank Goodness i've learnt something after 4 boys :oops:
One went to comp, one super selective, one to Grammar last year and one to go!!!! :shock:
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Thanks everyone for all your replies.

We can get scores from HT tomorrow so will have to see where to take things from there, I guess.

I know it's not the be all and end all but it does seem like it at the moment. I'm sure once I've had a few days to get over it I will feel better. At the moment I just feel that the grammar school was the 'right' choice for him as a person, if that makes sense, but if it's not to be I will have to get used to it and try and persuade him that the local comp will be fantastic after all!! Wish me luck with that!!!

BIG CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who got the result they wanted and HUGE HUGS to all those that didn't.
Monicas Mum

Post by Monicas Mum »

Thinking of you. I have one at local high school. He loves it and that is the most important thing to me.

Happy kids with supportive parents = Kids who thrive and try their best.

:wink:

xx