What order are the emails sent in??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MJMoore

Post by MJMoore »

Tracy, I'm sorry you didn't get the news you wanted. How are the other schools around you?
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Dire, we live slap bang between 2 comps both in and out of special measures like a fiddler's elbow!
MJMoore

Post by MJMoore »

:( Are you anywhere near the new Crayford one? I know it got a mixed response from the parents I have spoken to, but it did sound as if it would challenge their pupils.
Milla

Post by Milla »

Oh, Tracy, I've been following your progress and feel so deeply for you.

That dreadful charade of the big wait til 4, then there being nothing and then the bad news. It's one thing if one has accepted all along that it's a bit of a lottery / your daughter's borderline, or whatever, but to have good supporting evidence (practice levels so high and top table stuff at school) and a strong reason for an optimisitic outcome, then it must be a bitter pill to realise that something's gone awry, and I am really sorry for your situation.

I imagine you'll be feeling worse than your daughter and just hope that time dulls it all a bit and that you can turn it into a positive and that your dear daughter shines wherever she ends up.

EDIT:: DRAT! yours about special measures just in while I was writing this. ****!!! Keep calm. Has the primary school any advice for you?? What are parents of other children doing?? A big hug for you.
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Aww Tracy, sorry to hear your news. Have been following stories on here with so much nail biting yesterday that most of my shiny blue nail varnish has disappeared-not very yummy!

Here's a big cyber hug for you and your daughter XXXHUGXXX.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

It's on our list at about no4 of 6 choices. We may have a chance this year due to no siblings but the area has a lot of social problems and hubby is not happy about it. Might not have a choice though.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

We`re in the catchment area for a dire comp....but school have said they will help us appeal to get her into the good one as they feel she is `unsuitable` or the dodgy one!!
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

We`re in the catchment area for a dire comp....but school have said they will help us appeal to get her into the good one as they feel she is `unsuitable` or the dodgy one!!
Bex mum

Post by Bex mum »

Hi Tracy,

Just seen your message - so sorry for you. I will send you a pm later.

Is Blackfen an option? My nieces have done very well there. Or Cleve Park - it had a nice feel about the school when I visited. Or St Cath's ?

Take care x
Ramsgate Mum

Post by Ramsgate Mum »

U400JB9 - your catchment school is it the one I'm thinking of in Whitfield? Have you thought of trying the aptitude test for Sandwich Tech? It's being held in a couple of weeks time. Our DS failed Kent test last year and got into Sandwich on aptitude - it's a fantastic school.