Best choice for Aspergers (part 2) - Skinners/Judd

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

I cannot find where I saw the SEN figures. It was some time ago and it maybe that I misread something. However, in 2008, Judd had 7% SEN quoted on the BBC league tables, which is quite different from what I quoted so apologies for misleading anyone. Other years, they have only had 1-2%.

I do know of someone who had a son at Skinners with Aspergers and he got along very well there.

I think you will find that there are children of very high abilities at Bennett. I have known of people whose children have scored well in their 11+ but have chosen Bennett. Their top streams do very well and appear suitably challenging. They also get to do Latin alongside French or German if they are very able.

However, as I previously suggested, you would be well advised to make an appointment with any schools you are considering.
kentmum1

Re: Best choice for Aspergers (part 2) - Skinners/Judd

Post by kentmum1 »

strobeme wrote:
Although we have visited both, we previously hadn't considered Skinners and Judd as realistic options for him.

Any thoughts/experiences, again very appreciated.
Strobeme - why did you not consider these schools realistic options? Was it your son's ability or the environments? It is very important not to choose a school by score but by the gut feelings you pick up from visiting.

I do remember a tutor that I contacted about my second son, who has dyselxia, said that Skinners' had a very good reputation with SEN. Again, you should discuss this the School.

I do know of a number of people who have chosen Judd or Skinners because they are smaller schools and they think their SEN child will cope better with this. I've also heard this comment generally when comparing against TWGSB but I don't quite agree with this view. as the class sizes are all the same. regardless of the total number of students. Bennett has slightly smaller form sizes of 27, atlhough I'm not sure how this works once streaming is in place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now