Kent CAF and applying for schools in other LEAs

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lass

Kent CAF and applying for schools in other LEAs

Post by Lass »

I am just in the process, finally having made decisions, of submitting our CAF.

One of our choices is Newstead, so outside of Kent LEA, and I had a thought that Bromley had to submit their CAFs by 23rd October. Does it matter that I've missed Bromleys deadline, because I'm completing a Kent CAF?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Your CAF deadline is the important one. You do not have to worry about other LEA deadlines. :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi you complete the CAF for the area you are living in, regardless of where the schools you are applying to are based. You might be putting some in devon or yorkshire down it would make no difference.

I reckon the date is the date where you live - I am sure the LEAs eg Bromley are nowhere near sorting the issues yet - lots of exam results not out yet etc etc

Kent LEA will liase with Bromley at some point - Bromley won't know when you put in yr application.

Good luck!
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

If you have missed Bromley's deadline then you will probably be too late.
It's the same problem that we have here in Bexley.
Having said that ring Bromley Council and tell them the problem, you never know, they might just be nice to you. :D
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

You will be fine Lass. If you are in Kent then your deadline is the Kent deadline ( 6 Nov) irrespective of the fact that you are applying to a Bromley school.
Lass

Post by Lass »

Thanks, I thought that was the case but suddenly had a moment of doubt :shock: as to how it all worked!
mum of 3

Post by mum of 3 »

hi everyone,
I am new to this site but must confess everyday I learn more and more parenting skills on this site. There are so many wonderful mums out there. I must congratulate you all.Congrats to those whose DS and DD have passed and those looking for solutions, i am sure you will make the best decision for your children. I am very confused right now. I am lucky because my DD passed all the grammar exams she did.Kent, Bexley and Medway. She was registered to do the Newstead woods in 2 weeks but I am not sure I should bother. My DD wants to go to DGGS and her test score is 408. I live in Wilmington and I dont know if this will be enough to get her a place. I hear DGGS is always oversubscribed and I cant deal with any more stress.I am about to complete the CAF form and I am confused.Pls enlighten me.
Many thanks.
Lass

Post by Lass »

Mum of 3 - have you looked at the new admissions criteria for DGGS? If Wilmington falls into one of the listed parishes then I think you should be ok. However, I think we are all aware there are no guarantees so its good to have other schools you're happy with on the list "just in case" :D .

My DD also wants to go to DGGS, and failing that she also likes Wilmington. She wasn't so keen on Newstead but we have decided she will sit the test anyway and have put this choice lower down on the list. Where we are, we have very limited choice of good schools she can reach easily.

You obviously also have the choices of the Bexley schools which I'd assume are equally accessible to you?

I agree, it is so much stress (I thought it'd be easy after the 11+ results :roll: ) but as soon as we made our decisions and submitted our CAF is was a huge weight off my mind. Nothing more to do now except wait til March. And appeal if necessary ... :)
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

I wonder why neighbouring authorities don't have the same deadline for submitting the CAF? Bexley's was 23 October but Kent is later. Given that many people will put schools from both authorities on the forms, I don't see how Bexley can get started until they've got them all in? It would be nice in Bexley to have more than a week between getting results and submitting the CAF!
mum of 3

Post by mum of 3 »

Thanks Lass.
My DD does not want to go to Wilmington girls even though her older sister attends the school and she is happy there. I am concerned that if i make wilmington one of her choices, she might end up being offered a place there when all she wants really is to go to DGGS.I have only listed 3 grammar schools and they are all oversubscribed , I believe.(DGGS, Towley girls and Bexley Gramms).i am yet to submit the CAF. Am I being silly by not including Wilmington or am I my right in doing so to enhance my DD's chance of being offered a place in the school she really wants?
Pls help. I am so confused.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now