SCAF Form Deadline...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
medwaymum

SCAF Form Deadline...

Post by medwaymum »

So the deadline has finally come...how is everybody feeling about their choices? Did most people apply online or use good old fashioned paper?

:)
Tankey

Post by Tankey »

As I am pretty confident that I will have to appeal to all the schools on my list ( 2 GS, DD is a non qual, 1 HS is slightly out of catchment and the other you need to go to church for), I have done the paper route as I dont want to open the email on my 40th birthday to be told DD has a school she doesn't want :roll:
I will wait for the letter on 2nd march instead :)
familyinthevalley

Post by familyinthevalley »

Oh dear......I haven't had the courage to press the 'submit' button yet..... we really really want our first choice, second choice is a similar GS to first - recommended by HT of first choice based on similarities to his own school (knowing we probably won't get in first round due to oversubscription criteria), third and fourth choices are going to be the local comp, and not sure if an Independent goes on to the form or not - will have to look! If we get second choice school - have just looked at travel to it - and it's 18 miles..........so will likely move if he gets in there. Oh I hate this!
Lass

Post by Lass »

Tankey wrote:As I am pretty confident that I will have to appeal to all the schools on my list ( 2 GS, DD is a non qual, 1 HS is slightly out of catchment and the other you need to go to church for), I have done the paper route as I dont want to open the email on my 40th birthday to be told DD has a school she doesn't want :roll:
I will wait for the letter on 2nd march instead :)
It's my birthday on 2nd March but I'm hoping it's a good omen :D as DD sat the 11+ on her birthday (and passed).

Either way though, me and DD will have had very stressful birthdays this year!

We did online - does this mean we get our answers by email on 1st March as well as a letter on 2nd?

What a huge relief once we'd made our choices and submitted the form. Now nothing we can do until March, and then worry about appealing to 1st school if necessary ...

Good luck everyone :D
T-4-2

Post by T-4-2 »

CanucksintheUK wrote:and not sure if an Independent goes on to the form or not - will have to look!!
No, indies don't go on SCAF forms :)
Tankey

Post by Tankey »

Lass, that is what I am assuming but I dont know for sure....happy birthday for 2nd march :D
reginaphalangie

Post by reginaphalangie »

Haven't done it. DS leaving state primary in Jan and going back into year 5 in an indie (with view to carrying on through). Feels wierd that everyone else is doing it but I am not.
Monicas Mum

Post by Monicas Mum »

We did ours online the other night. Our DD passed the Kent test and we have put GS just out of last years catchment first, then GS within catchment followed by other local GS. here's hoping she gets her first choice but if not we are still happy for her to go to our second choice.

Good luck to everyone. x
;kysiesmum

Post by ;kysiesmum »

We submitted ours online.We did it early but then ds changed preference order :roll: then one school had a couple of really bad incidents so that fell by the wayside, but luckily you can alter things online.We're quite hopeful that he will get his first choice, all the boys I know who put it as first choice in previous years have got in.There's still that lingering worry though- will they be over-subscribed? are we within catchment? could we win an appeal?
I don't know if that's only me or if anyone else feels the same?
We have been watching 'Flash forward' on tv and when I was discussing if knowing what would happen in 6 months would be a good thing all I could think was 'yes' then at least the worrying would be over! Does that make me weird I wonder? or a typical 11+ parent?
familyinthevalley

Post by familyinthevalley »

Thanks T-4-2.......going to have to bite the bullet and submit the choices. DS has just come downstairs from bed to remind me - and headed back upstairs reeling off his choices in order. I'm glad we have prepped him well though for the oversubscription likely to happen in first choice, then appeal, then waiting list....so at least if it happens that way, he's been forewarned and though will be disappointed, won't be the end of the world for him as he's been told to expect it.

Can't we all hibernate till March 1st? It would be so much easier :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now