Paul Carter's comments

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Villagedad

Paul Carter's comments

Post by Villagedad »

Has anyone heard anything new following Paul Carter's comments a few weeks ago about transferring East Kent GS places to West Kent...?

All seems to have gone quiet since the initial flurry of media comments...

Thanks
Villagedad
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

No, haven't heard anything new but a thought has just ocuured. Doesn't it seem odd, given the number of people who are prepared to move to/ travel within catchment, that there are excess places in the first place? Or am I missing the point about the difference between the two areas.
"We've got a date with Destiny and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
mystery

Post by mystery »

I would hazard a guess that "moving places from East Kent to West Kent" is not really possible ........ bit of crazy jargon. Also not sure if there really is a measurable shortage of grammar school places in West Kent. Certainly a surplus in the east is something an LEA might have to address at some point as once it is over a certain point it is uneconomical, but I don't know whether it is a significant problem or not.

What was the political background to Cllr. Carter making this particular statement at that particular point in time? The political context is usually more relevant than the real data.
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Thanks for the feedback.

It would be interesting to know if anyone has heard any comments (e.g. from headteachers from the GS's themselves) or has their own thoughts as to which GS's in West Kent will likely gain the extra places..

Kind regards
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now