In Kent, still got to wait??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Fluffy66

In Kent, still got to wait??

Post by Fluffy66 »

I expect by now the majority of parents awaiting allocations in Kent, and elsewhere, have been made aware of the loophole and have their childs secondary school decision.

There must be others like me out there who, for whatever reason, had to apply on paper via their primary school and now, in theory, have to wait for a letter on Tuesday. Meanwhile our children have to listen to the other 99% of their peers chatting about their school choice. One day i can cope with because it was always going to be but two.....ummm.

Where do we stand......i for one am going politely ask, in letter form, tomorrow at school for my son's allocation. I understand that wheels grind slowly and by tommorrow morning at 8.45am KCC will probably just be getting its coffee on its way to work (thats just came out not really supposed to sound as sarcastic as it does)and so am not expecting a response then but am i being unreasonable to have some expectation of knowing by the end of Monday??

Anyone else out there in my situation and concerned for their child in this way?
Blue Peter

Post by Blue Peter »

Hi Fluffy - I, for one, all my friends locally, and lots of people using this site are not going to tell their DC their allocated school, until we've got the confirmation email, as who knows what's going on. So don't worry, I think you'll find that a lot less chidren know even if their parents do. Good Luck!!
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

Could you try asking your Head Teacher, explaining the situation, and asking if you can have the allocation results from him/her direct?

Or call KCC and ask them? I would - they really should reveal the results to everyone now to make it fair.
heronsfly

Post by heronsfly »

Im not telling my dd until I get the e mail, I agree its not going to be very fair,maybe the head teachers will step in .
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

Hi thanks for all your replies and opinions.

I think it just confirms what a pickle it is all going to be tomorrow. I feel for all the children some will know, some won't but will find out that their parents know, oh its endless and whats the best thing to do....who knows.

I'm certainly going to ask at school and try to give KCC a call but equally it could all end up just being a frustrating day and better off just hitting the chocolate by day and Baileys by night to ease the pain!

Thanks again. x
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Hi Fluffy66

As others have said I don't think many kids will know even if their parents have seen their allocations, lots won't tell them just in case for some peculiar reason what they saw isn't true.

I can't imagine that there are that many kids that are even aware that they find out tomorrow what school they've been offered - my son certainly hasn't asked me anything about it and neither have his friends to my knowledge - the majority I'm sure are blissfully unaware.

I don't mean this to sound funny but if you applied by paper you knew you would have to wait until Tuesday anyway so what difference does it make knowing that some know before you do - they were going to know before you anyway, they just know a day or so earlier than you originally thought. We've all had to wait nearly 6 months from when they took the test anyway, surely one more day won't make much difference.

I completely understand where you are coming from that it isn't fair that some have found out and others have to wait but the whole 11+ system isn't fair in my opinion nor is life I'm afraid.

Good luck with trying to find out tomorrow and hope you get the school you desire.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now