Kent Countdown

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Kent Countdown

Post by doodles »

Thought I would start a Kent countdown thread for 1st March.

Bit confused though. Applied online so when will we get an email does anybody know? Or do we have to log on? Help please.

17 Days To Go
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
PB Mum

Post by PB Mum »

I shall join you in the count-down, as Glum Mum...my DD's sitting the entrance exam today that she missed on Monday due to an untimely (and pretty YUK) bout of Norovirus :cry: (son on his way back from school as we speak, with similar symptoms... :shock: )...and we are due the results 'BY 1st March', whatever that means...last time we waited for a letter, it didn't get to us (due to insufficient postage, the PO said!), so other families all knew at the weekend, and I had to pick up the 'phone on the Monday....stomach lurching at thought of having to do that again...

We could only apply via paper CAF for 11+, but if I remember, the mums who applied on line, got an e-mail, but when I'm not sure...someone will know!
WesterhamMum

Post by WesterhamMum »

I am also counting the days for DD2. When I did it last year for DD1, on the morning of the 2nd March you could log on to ‘eAdmissions’ and it told you the school allocated (I did this at 6.30am). It was difficult to log on, I managed it after about 20 minutes but it took my friend almost 2 hours. You just have to keep hitting the ‘refresh’ button until you connect. We did eventually have this confirmed by email but this did not arrive until after lunch on the 2nd, the same time as the post. I am in the Borough of Bromley but I think that Kent send out their emails after 4 o’clock on the Monday?

I have set up a shortcut link to the ‘eAdmissions’ page and will make sure I have my password to hand!

Good luck everyone!
WesterhamMum

Post by WesterhamMum »

Sherry-d and Bromley Mum did you receive my PM's because they did not appear in my 'sentbox'?

WesterhamMum
;kysiesmum

Post by ;kysiesmum »

If you applied online you should recieve an email sometime after 4.00 on March 1st with written confirmation being sent the same day to arrive on the 2nd.If you applied by post you will recieve the letter on the 2nd.
I have a countdown clock on my computer informing me that their is 16 days 23 hours and 55 mins to go until the first emails should arrive.I'm hoping we have better luck recieving the school allocation than we did when we were waiting for 11+ results when we were one of the last to get our results I think :(
PB Mum

Post by PB Mum »

No, nothing in my inbox...
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

WesterhamMum - Thanks for the info I did receive the pm and have send you a reply :D

I will be counting the days with you guys. It will be good to have a celebration party on the 1st. Hope it will be good news :D
sp

Post by sp »

not wanting to disrupt your plans but last year I managed to get on to web site earlier in the afternoon to see allocation (none in our case, but that's another story!). It may be worth a try if you're brave or just wait til the email arrives. I for one couldn't stand the wait.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Spoke to a very nice man at Kent this afternoon, couldn't wait any longer - not that I'm impatient or anything :? He said same as kysiesmum. This year emails will be generated after 4pm on 1st and letters are sent out on 1st to arrive on 2nd.

If you're registered for online I suppose the email can arrive anytime after 4.01p.m.! Knowing my luck I will still be thumping at the buttons at midnight!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Westerham mum: I've sent you a PM. I got yours but still can't get onto the website. :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now