are there questions to be answered by KCC

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

katel

Post by katel »

I'm sorry, frustrated - it's a girl I know who's going to Langton Girls from Faversham. Don't know about any boys - will ask around. Last year I know two boys who got in on appeal - the boys always has a narrower catchment than the girls.

I'm sorry if I raised your hopes,
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

Thanks anyway, Katel

A friend told me the other day that someone from Swalecliffe got into Simon Langton, but that was a girl too. Lucky girls, send some luck over to our boys will you x

Cracking on with an appeal anyway, but stuck as to what to put in it. Am going to say about the pastoral care, so that's a start anyway.

Am I jealous? Yes, I do believe that I am :lol:
mystery

Post by mystery »

Frustrated, have you tried the Appeals Forum yet, and Etienne? If you are going to do an appeal, you may as well have the best bash at it.

Good luck.
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

Yes, I posted a query about any positive oversubscription appeals anyone has had in the past, but no replies.

In the anxious mind that I am at right now, I also asked if anyone knows of anybody who has got into any of the Canterbury/Faversham Grammars on the waiting list alone, but no replies there either.

As for Etienne, no I haven't tried, but will do now.

Thanks for that.
fairie

Post by fairie »

katel wrote:I'm sorry, frustrated - it's a girl I know who's going to Langton Girls from Faversham. Don't know about any boys - will ask around. Last year I know two boys who got in on appeal - the boys always has a narrower catchment than the girls.

I'm sorry if I raised your hopes,
what part of faversham are they from and did they have the sibling element? do you know?
I know of at least one girl in Herne Bay that was offered a place at SLGS, it was on our CAF but we werent offered, so would be interested to know about this faversham place.
katel

Post by katel »

I'm really sorry, I've misled you. The only girl I know from Faversham who got to Langton has a sibling. The other one that I thought was going didn't get in , but her parents are going to appeal. Sorry again - I passed on duff information.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now