Waiting Lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
frustrated

Waiting Lists

Post by frustrated »

Hello

Does anyone know anyone who in the past has got into any of the Canterbury/Faversham grammar schools on the waiting list alone by any chance?

I know there is a lot of movement, but wondered if the waiting lists ever come into play for any of these schools.
observer

Post by observer »

I know of a boy who got into the langton on the waiting list...he was something like second on the list and the boy above him (1st) chose not to take a place when it was offered...it was in June last year I think...so quite late. There is always a chance that people choose to go private at the last minute...if you are 1st or 2nd on the waiting list you have a fair chance but otherwise it is a fairly long shot I think.
Good luck with it all
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

Thanks, Observer

Now all I need to do is find out where my son is on the waiting list once April comes around, and hope for the best.
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

Would the schools let me know automatically where my son is on the waiting lists, or do I need to ask, and if I do need to ask, when is the earliest time that I could do this?
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

You can ring now. My friend rang a kent school last week and was told where her ds was on the waiting list :)
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

Thankyou

Have phoned both schools, one wouldn't tell me and said that they are sending a letter to me, and the other (which I know has a longer waiting list of more local children) is going to phone me and let me know.

Which kent school is it that your friend found out the waiting list position for her child?
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

oakwood grammar in maidstone. Not sure where abouts your schools are but i do think its quite normal to ask the school if its a foundation school. If not ring kent admissions :)
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

Thanks, tiredmum

Still no joy about his position for QE but will be finding out in the next couple of days. They wouldn't tell me over the phone and said to wait until I get the letter in a couple of days time. It's going be a long couple of days............ :)
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

I asked a GS in Kent to confirm their PAN had / had not been reached and was told quite firmly I had to wait. When I explained it was not as I was on the waiting list but for my own peace of mind for appeal they said it makes no difference to me, but that they are not 'oversubscribed'. Left that to me to work out, which I did!

Good luck to you all with your placements :)
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

Gosh, still in the dark.

Phoned QE again today, told me that they would let me know after the Easter holidays his position on the waiting list, because they are witing for admissions to let them know of any late applicants who want to join the waiting list, and don't want to get anyone's hopes up yet.

When I queried the letter that they are sending me, (which is 'in the post'), they told me that it is to explain what is 'going on with things' at the moment. I asked if the letter would explain his position, and they just told me that the letter would explain everything.

Don't understand if they do not want to let me know until after Easter.

So, what's this letter about then? Am Perplexed. :?

Maybe it's to do with the appeal, but they haven't set a date yet!

As my user name suggests..........FRUSTRATED!!!!! :twisted: