Can we have a sticky please on how school allocation works?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Blue Peter

Post by Blue Peter »

To be fair to the 2 super selectives in W. Kent, the opening line of the headmasters speeeh at Judd, on the Open Evening in 2009, was ' Last year the"pass mark for Judd" was 414, and 50% of the boys scored 420", and in the Skinners propectus, there was an ADMISSIONS, insert, which clearly pointed out that up until then, the last 3 years entrance scores on first allocation were 404; 404; 406. So people did know what they were dealing with. I think that KCC should stop saying that "your child has been deemed suitable for a grammar school place" and just say, "this is your score - you can now apply to which ever schools you think fit ' i.e. no pass or fail, just a mark.The benefit of the new system is that you can now get a rough idea of where you'll get in.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

It will certainly be useful because its one question people keep asking. I am glad to have found this forum and have an idea of how it works even though you can never be so sure especially where they allocate on distance which seem to shift goal posts year on year.
Impossible is Nothing.