Grammar School Places Available

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ausvic

Post by ausvic »

Do you know why it is undersubscribed each year
I think it is personal choice. Boys who don't think they will get into the Maths or Rainham Mark often choose it as you can pretty much be certain of a place. They also have accelerated learning which doesn't seem to be very popular with a lot of parents. Having looked around all 3 schools it just didn't 'do it' for us if that makes sense.
2boydad

Post by 2boydad »

jingle wrote:Yes, Harvey, Invicta, Borden Grammar, Dover Boys,Folkestone Girls, Highworth all have ten or more.
Four spaces or less in Gravesend (boys and Girls) and Wilmington (Both girls and boys)
Can't quite believe this - are we saying that all these schools have places available for Sep 2010 to year 7 entrants ?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think that is what they are saying 2boydad.
jingle

Post by jingle »

If you see my previous post you will see that the info is very reliable from 'another website' which I have always found to be very accurate, helpful and detailed. Will be happy to provide details via a pm if you want. Very useful resource for Kent/ Medway parents indeed.
J
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

jingle wrote:If you see my previous post you will see that the info is very reliable from 'another website'

You were in trouble werent you Jingle :wink:
Big brother was watching.... :P

It does help though knowing schools which are undersubscribed, especially for us emabarking on the journey as most of the schools that are undersubscribed this year seems to be year on year.
Impossible is Nothing.
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

Don't get too excited Sherry - it was written in some information at one NW Kent grammar this year that the numbers of primary school children in the current year 6 is lower than last year. My son is however in a bigger year(6) at his school than the one above and below him.

Whether this is just in this area or not who knows. The current year 5 (if i'm correct and correct me if i'm wrong) covers 8 months of millenium babies - i have some friends who insist this was a baby boom year, not sure if this is true!!

Fluffy
jingle

Post by jingle »

I am often in trouble, in more ways than one! :wink:
Just trying to help having been in a horrible situation myself with one of my own children and I really can feel for people who don't know which way to turn at this time regarding their options.
toy

Post by toy »

Hi Jingle,
I sent you a pm.
2boydad

Post by 2boydad »

I've rang Wilmington boys and although they have not yet had all offers accepted they do not expect to have places available as they already have a waiting list in place. Am I missing something ?
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Hi I spoke with the Choice Advisor today, about another school, and was told the official 'are they full or are they not' will be Friday 26th March. The school at the moment can only make suggestions, or predictions. For instance the GS I am appealing to is apparantly full but offered to all qualifying 1st choice students, although today I was told they now have a waiting list but some have rejected the offer of a place.
Appeals and waiting lists are separate things I understand. If the school has reached PAN then your appeal will need to include points to persaude the panel to accept you DC....
We won't have official statistics til Friday so hang on in there!!!