Grammar School Places Available

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sherry_d

Grammar School Places Available

Post by sherry_d »

Sorry if my heading sounds a bit misleading but thats how the advert was worded in today's KM. I thought it may be of interest, if anyone still has energy for the 11+. This is for medway school but only for those who havent done the medway test can apply so I thought Kent section.
A highly successful grammar school in Medway still has places available for year 7 entry this september for pupils who have not yet taken the 11+ selection test.

Find out more by attending the open morning on Monday 22 March 2010 from 9am to 11am. Headteacher's talk at 9:10am.
I understand about 2 years ago there were a few kids near me who werent successful in the kent test but wrote the Medway one and almost all of them passed. I also know 2 who werent successful in Kent last year but passed the Medway test. It may be worth trying for. I wonder if the girls school are full or some may still have places?
Impossible is Nothing.
ausvic

Post by ausvic »

It's probably Chatham Grammar School for Boys. It is undersubscribed every year.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Oh sorry, I thought I had mentioned the school, yes it is Chatham boys.

Do you know why it is undersubcribed each year Ausvic? Is there something parents dont like or is it just a case that those who pass go the other maths school and more selective ones? Do you know about Chatham girls, if its the same too that they get undersubscribed?
Impossible is Nothing.
jingle

Post by jingle »

Chatham girls still have spaces. Also a small handful of Kent Grammar schools.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Thanks Jingle, do you know which ones in Kent that has places?
Impossible is Nothing.
jingle

Post by jingle »

Yes, Harvey, Invicta, Borden Grammar, Dover Boys,Folkestone Girls, Highworth all have ten or more.
Four spaces or less in Gravesend (boys and Girls) and Wilmington (Both girls and boys)
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Oh gosh Invicta is there again despite getting the best GCSE is England. I am still really curious why so many looth Invicta. In a way its good knowing our local grammar isnt superselective and too hard to get in if the child passed which I truely appreciate. It however makes me feel a bit uneasy why not many are choosing it? Could it simply be a case of us parents following the flock or is there something sinister happening at Invicta? Will be interesting to see if it stays this way next year with all the recent headlines on how great they perfomed in the GCES.
Impossible is Nothing.
jingle

Post by jingle »

I have heard the Headteacher is leaving to be new head at Barton Court Grammar in Canterbury. Have you heard this too?
Peter

Vacant Spaces

Post by Peter »

message deleted
jingle

Post by jingle »

This information was gleaned from the extremely useful 'other' website which is a mine of invaluble information for parents. Apologies for not giving credit previously as I was unsure of the 'etiquette' of mentioning other sites on here. :oops:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now