Skinners Waiting List.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

doodles

Post by doodles »

When is parents info evening?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

I haven't heard anything yet either Doodles so don't panic yet! I have been picking the brains of the sole other Skinners' parent at my DS's primary so have been told about the uniform thing. Apparently there are also some second hand blazers about which would be good. DS is so tiny that I'm (a) concerned there won't be one small enough and (b) that he will suddenly grow 6 inches and need a new one by December!
doodles

Post by doodles »

I have always bought new blazers (admittedly very big) as having 2 DS's at the same school it makes economic sense even at £100 per blazer (I think I had 4 1/2 years wear out of won blazer!) but not sure now as don't know that DS2 will follow big brother. My other problem is that DS1 is so big that bigger sizes in our school shop have always been a bit "bald" because they have usually been through two or three brothers before they get to the shop. It's usually the smaller ones that are in the best condition.

One tip of mine though is that I have always bought one new games kit and a spare second hand one. Makes it a lot easier, especially in the winter, when it has to be washed and turned around mid-week. So I'll definately be looking for that in the school shop.

My main concern is what DS will leave on the bus! I am sure that he will learn the whereabouts of lost property very quickly!!!!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
SSM

Post by SSM »

Hi, I've just looked on the web site for you and new parents evening is on 24th June at 8pm.

As to games kit, they only use it once a week, they do PE mid week, for which they have shorts and a vest in house colours, and games on Friday afternoon, for which they need rugby kit. Not sure if the teams have extra practice or when.

Personally, i don't think the school uniform cost is too bad (especially compared to the girls GSs) as they only need a blazer and tie form the school outfitters, jumpers, shirts and trousers you can pick up from any high street shop that sells school uniform.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Thanks SSM - that sounds a lot better - can't say I will miss the midweek games kit turnaround! Also M......&S........ trousers and jumpers fit him really well so that will be a lot better.

He'll be the one in the absolutely HUGE blazer :lol:
inthesticks

Post by inthesticks »

Hi Doodles. I spoke to Mrs Broad today. Apparently we should get a letter sometime between the end of this month and mid-May, which will contain lots of info plus an invite to a parents' evening in June. We too are desperate to know which house! V exciting!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Thanks ITS - so excited I think I am getting a bit unbearable!!!!
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

SSM wrote:Hi, I've just looked on the web site for you and new parents evening is on 24th June at 8pm.

As to games kit, they only use it once a week, they do PE mid week, for which they have shorts and a vest in house colours, and games on Friday afternoon, for which they need rugby kit. Not sure if the teams have extra practice or when.

Personally, i don't think the school uniform cost is too bad (especially compared to the girls GSs) as they only need a blazer and tie form the school outfitters, jumpers, shirts and trousers you can pick up from any high street shop that sells school uniform.
I'm with you on this one, you only need one games kit, if your son gets into the team they have a different match shirt and if he gets to the Rugby Academy they have a different kit again. I bought 2 rugby shirts for my DS originally and they have barely been worn, and he hasn't worn the tracksuit top either, he tends to stick with the sweatshirt.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Thx for advice - I like the uniform bill being cut - makes me feel better!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now