Kent Test Date

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Dont rub it in you two :cry:

Maybe we should swap usernames now. I am certainly a neurotic kent mum now :roll:
Impossible is Nothing.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I'm sorry! But will be back and deserve a break. Best of luck to you all.
dottie1974

Post by dottie1974 »

A letter I received from DD's primary school today advises that registration for the Kent Test opens 1/6/2010 and closes 2/7/2010.

Assesment decision letters and emails sent 18th October - letters to arrive on 19th October.

HTH

Dottie
trumpet

Post by trumpet »

Is it right that there is a practice test for the Kent test? And if so do you get the results before the real thing?
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

Yes, there is a practice test. It's usually on the Saturday right before the actual test .

I dont think its actually corrected and it's one of the Nfer papers usually.
It's more to give the children an idea of the pattern of the real test.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

trumpet wrote:Is it right that there is a practice test for the Kent test? And if so do you get the results before the real thing?
They use the standard off the shelf NFER papers, and they are not marked.
trumpet

Post by trumpet »

Thanks for the replies. I guess if a child has already done these they will need it to be made clear that the actual test will be harder to complete as they wont have seen it before. Not sure if it's a good thing or not really.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I think the main purpose of the practice is to help them out with their nerves so they dont freak out on the day in a new environment with unfamiliar people.
Impossible is Nothing.
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

sherry_d wrote:I think the main purpose of the practice is to help them out with their nerves so they dont freak out on the day in a new environment with unfamiliar people.
I agree, the out of county practise tests really put my DDs mind at rest when she did them. They put her in exactly the same room, with the same group as they did for the real tests. It was invaluable in my opinion and I think her nerves may have got the better of her had she not done them.

Children within Kent obviously do them in their own schools during the school day.
Billie

Re: Kent Test Date

Post by Billie »

From what I can gather from Kent's website the application form (CAF?) for Kent children setting out the list of schools will have to be in by 31st October. That is earlier than last year - I think it was 6th November then.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now