Kent test 2007 format

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
neurotic kent mum

2007 11+

Post by neurotic kent mum »

:shock:
I am still in shock. Hope I handle the experience better in three years time. Daughter calm. She found the NVR paper more difficult than she had expected but appears to have enjoyed the Maths and VR. She did however mention today that she had to guess a couple on the last page of the VR. I suspect she is not telling me very much becuase she knows I am totally stressed out. I KNOW that there should not be pressure. I admire those of you who managed to stay calm. I really tried but sent her to my sister for the weekend in the end so that she was away from me because I was so hyper. I feel really guilty as she could so easily have been the one led away sobbing and purely because of me. I still feel sick with worry now. How sad is that?
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

It's totally normal to feel sick with worry. It's all very emotional. I wouldn't worry about guessing a couple of questions. There are 80 of them and they only carry 1 mark each. I am sure that the majority guess a few. My son guessed a couple of the NVR (that's what he tells me anyway). I felt a real mix of emotions in the two weeks before the exams. One was a huge sense of guilt at what my son might be about to experience. It's horrible to think that a child might feel rejected if they don't pass, especially if friends are successful. However, I now feel much calmer about the whole thing as son was so positive about tests, although I'm sure a week before the letters arrive, it will be quite different. Isn't it great that they can just be children again - ie no more practice papers!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now