School visits

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hdq2907

School visits

Post by hdq2907 »

My DS is going on a residential visit with school the week before half term on the day the results come out, which has left me with a bit of an issue. Would value others opinion. The Grammar school open evening is the week before he goes and therefore before the results are known but the open mornings are after the results are out but while he is away. In an ideal world I would choose to take him to visit once we knew the results but of course this isn't possible. What would others do in this situation??!!!

Thanks in advance
pheasantchick

Re: School visits

Post by pheasantchick »

Go and visit in the evening. Your DS would have already taken the exam, so there is nothing he can do to alter the results. If you need a second a visit, I'm sure the school would let you visit on another occasion, especially if you explain the situation.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I'm in a similar position in that the open days for my son are mainly before the results come out which is a pain.The two comprehensives which I am hoping he doesn't have to go to ,but obviously we need to look at are before and the grammar schools are after.I'd rather they were mainly open evenings afterwards eitherwise you are trekking around schools for nothing !
hdq2907

Post by hdq2907 »

I've decided to go and see 2 before - one grammar and one comp and then after go and see another comp if he doesn't pass. It's not easy to go to open evenings with other children to organise!!!