How long before we know the results does the school know?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tigger2

Re: How long before we know the results does the school know

Post by tigger2 »

:oops: I tried to big up the non selectives yesterday at a non selective yesterday evening and failed miserably :roll:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

How do you all know the HT have the results ? I just scurry past ours without looking as I just want to find out myself in private ! We went to look around Bennett Memorial yest. which was really nice so I feel a bit more relaxed if DS doesn't pass.........although there are no guarantees you will get the school of your choice.Will your HT tell you if your children have passed , do you think ? This waiting is awful ! I keep checking on here and then stuffing my face whilst I'm doing it ! I shall need a crane to lift me out of my computer chair soon !
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

I know the 11+ results are in because my HT, where i work, has told me she has them :?
familyinthevalley

Post by familyinthevalley »

My son came home today and told me that his teacher came into the class today, (they were in care of the TA) and asked the TA for my son's math test from this morning........uhoh. Going to be furious with his dad if he felt he was under too much pressure and has failed it. Was a huge argument between my oh and I at the time - as I felt he was being too forceful in getting him to practice practice practice! Grrrrrr
kentmum01

Post by kentmum01 »

MAths test?? How random is all this!! Would they do another test though? Or would they just send in work they already done?? Same with my DD and tis random reading test just her and one boy were asked to take it, she said it was really easy and it was reading with mulitple choice !! Do you think it could be something to do with an appeal or do you think its just a random reading test? x
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

My DS said that his teacher had told them all to work hard at the moment incase the examiners needed to look at their work......he didn't seem to think that was strange or ask any questions about it , which I suppose is good. Maybe the teachers are just double checking what level our children are at , because I was told they needed to be around level 5 for appeals....which would tie in with reading and maths tests ?
familyinthevalley

Post by familyinthevalley »

Oh he didn't have to do another math test - the whole class had one this morning, or yesterday morning now!, they have one each Friday. The teacher just came back into the class and requested my son's from the pile on the desk apparently. He was level 5 at math at the end of year 5, this week's test he got 18/20 and he normally gets 20/20. I know he should've just been able to go through the eleven plus test no problem, but his dad was putting alot of stress on him, and with my son's attitude, I kept telling OH to back off and leave him - as my son was very likely to go into the test and show that he was the one in control.......and draw smiley faces with their tongues sticking out or something! So.....gone from a 'not worried at all' mum, to an 'uhoh.....what are we faced with' mum.
doodles

Post by doodles »

FITV - please don't worry - it is amazing the mental gymnastics that the mind can do at this time. Every smile or glum face becomes a "sign".

I know I almost drove myself (and those around me) crazy last year re-interpreting every little thing, especially as DS1 advised us that on one paper he thought he had put some answers in the wrong boxes and had spent "ages" (his words) working out what he had done!

You will come out the other end - I promise!! :) :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now