The art of distraction

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tryingtodistract

The art of distraction

Post by tryingtodistract »

Morning All,

Whilst our DC's are shining their best selves in the exams, what are we all doing to pass the time today?
I am sat at my desk with the chance of getting any real work done being VERY slim and sucking on resue remedy pastilles. Lots of deep breathing me thinks. :?
hdq2907

Re: The art of distraction

Post by hdq2907 »

I'm sat at home with my 2 youngest who are totally engrossed so no distraction lol. Off to work soon where it will be really busy so hopefully time will pass quickly. Trouble is won't be home until 5 and desperate to know ds is o.k!!! Just had an odd thought - first test will be over with and that might be it - might not have passed but still have 3 more to go!!! I'm going mad here lol!!
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

I have shed loads of washing to do as we were away in our caravan over the weekend, and it rained and rained and rained! That should keep my mind off it ;0)
hdq2907

Post by hdq2907 »

We bought a caravan 2 days ago so planning endless trips over the next 5 weeks!!!
dottie1974

Post by dottie1974 »

I should imagine both of todays test are over with now :shock:

I hope dd is ok as she was looking nervous as she was going through the school gate today.

I'm tyring to distract myself by revising for an exam I have got soon - it's not really working though!
tryingtodistract

Post by tryingtodistract »

does anyone know what times each exam is set for then? pleasio
committed

Post by committed »

We were told at our school that they'd attempt to start the Verbal Reasoning as close to 9am as they could - but that they wanted to be sure everyone was happy and settled before it began so it could be slightly later. I reckon that by the time they read out all the rules and get everyone sorted you're looking at an hour so they probably finished by 10am... They were then going to have half an hour off to have a snack and run around outside before they came back in. Again the NVR will probably take an hour to administer so that is what my DS is likely to be doing now!!!

I'm not sure every school is the same, but I do reckon that getting it over with as quickly as possible is a good plan... :D

In the meantime, I'm at work and desperately trying to find things to keep me sane - it's not working though...

Role on this time tomorrow and Saturday for all the OOC.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

I'm pretty sure they get it all over and done with in the morning - not least because the headteachers/deputy headteachers who are invigilating want to get back to their own schools!
BusyLizzy

Post by BusyLizzy »

Hi everyone, this is torture....I need to now how it went today and need to know now :D

I was worried that my DD would be nervous today; she wasnt the least bit. Instead it's me so it's a good job she is doing the test and not me. I hid it from her well but i'm a bag of nerves. Roll on Saturday afternoon!
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

In my school the first (VR?) finished at 10.20 and the second (NVR) not til 11.50. Seemed to follow a similar pattern to last year but obviously this is only one school.