Results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
denis denis

Results?

Post by denis denis »

I registered my dd on line for the Kent test and at the back of my mind I thought we would receive the results on line on October 18? Today a head teacher told me it would be in the post by the 19th? Anyone know which is right?

Thanks!
neurotic kent mum

Re: Results?

Post by neurotic kent mum »

last year we were told online if they had passed but needed to get actual scores from HT
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

You should receive the results online after 4.00pm on 18th October, and also a letter on 19th October. Both results will only state whether or your child has been assessed as suitable for high school or grammar school. The actual scores will need to be obtained from the school after letters have been received if you want to know them.

Bear in mind that the e-mail may not arrive punctually at 4.00 or even straight after. Mine weren't e-mailed to me until around 10pm last year, although others received theirs just after 4.00 and others even in the middle of the night. You could log onto your account that you set up for on-line admissions on the 18th October after 4.00, and there should be an icon that you will be able to click on to see the progress of the result - it will either give you the result or say that it is still being processed. This might be quicker than waiting for the e-mail, and I found out the result this way by about 6.00pm on the day - well before the e-mail came through.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

Actually last year due to a glitch in the system, there was a way to find the result on-line over the preceding weekend. But, I would expect that loophole to have been closed this year.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

AFAIR you could only find which school you had been allocated early because of the glitch in the system. It was in early March. It wasn't the actual results in October that this affected was it?
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

twellsmum wrote:AFAIR you could only find which school you had been allocated early because of the glitch in the system. It was in early March. It wasn't the actual results in October that this affected was it?
Twellsmum is correct. Ignore my above post, it was the school allocations.
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

That's great, thanks. I didn't think I'd have to wait for the post!