This time in 4 weeks.......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sherry_d

Re: This time in 4 weeks.......

Post by sherry_d »

My problem is I really struggle to see past the less than 50% GCSEs most of the non selective get even with an outstanding ofsted. I know the problem is with the creaming but still very difficult to think my child will have a less than 1 in 2 chances of getting 5 GCSE. I blame the media for telling us how easy GCSE have become. :(
Impossible is Nothing.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

My dd started at Rochester Grammar a few weeks ago - this was her first choice school. My first choice school was St Simon Stock! But i was too old to get a place :( :lol:
I was impressed with the school for many reasons and if your dc does not pass I would really recommend looking :)
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Stocky will probably be our first choice non selective even though I am so sure we wont get in on allocation. Cornwallis will be our other choice but I live in hope that we will be in catchment for it. Valley we are just too far out. I dont feel like we have a choice at all really. Its whats closest to you unless the school is undersubscribed which in itself isnt a good sign. After Valley our nearest in NLL so this looks like thats what we will certainly get. My option would be to home educate if it came to that.
Impossible is Nothing.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now