Dover

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
T12ACY

Re: Dover

Post by T12ACY »

Brilliant!!! What a rollercoaster couple of days for you all :shock: Ending on a high though :D
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
;kysiesmum

Post by ;kysiesmum »

congratulations :D
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Oh, that is brilliant news.
:D :D
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

Thanks all.

What a stupid system for us in Dover though - being told one day by KCC your child is not suitable for a grammar school and then the next that they are! :roll:

Never mind, it worked out OK for us.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

denis denis wrote: What a stupid system for us in Dover though - being told one day by KCC your child is not suitable for a grammar school and then the next that they are! :roll:
C'mon Denis Denis. You can't complain about a system that gives you a second bite at the cherry.

Having said that, as YoYo will tell you, most of the Dover cohort are fish. :wink:
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Well done Jr denis denis.....and what a relief.

TBH I think DGGS is better than any of the Canterbury options. And before anyone gets shirty :shock: ......my DD is at a "Canterbury option" loves it and its an excellent school......just DGGS is a bit better :oops:
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

great news you must be thrilled :D :D :D
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

dadofkent wrote:
denis denis wrote: What a stupid system for us in Dover though - being told one day by KCC your child is not suitable for a grammar school and then the next that they are! :roll:
C'mon Denis Denis. You can't complain about a system that gives you a second bite at the cherry.

Having said that, as YoYo will tell you, most of the Dover cohort are fish. :wink:
You're right, it's great to have a second bite at the cherry (and thank goodness we did) but I just wish they would give us the results in one go - too much to ask?

Anyway, I'm not moaning, I'm delighted!
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

U400JB9 wrote:Well done Jr denis denis.....and what a relief.

TBH I think DGGS is better than any of the Canterbury options. And before anyone gets shirty :shock: ......my DD is at a "Canterbury option" loves it and its an excellent school......just DGGS is a bit better :oops:
Thanks. I'm delighted that she's there as well!
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

dadofkent wrote:

Oi! Just re-read that last bit,you cheeky thing! Maybe half the cohort is fish, but DGGS still does extremely well in the league tables each year. Must be all the omega 3 :lol: