11+ results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

westkent

Re: 11+ results

Post by westkent »

Wise words emerging all over. School, despite the (artificial) frenzy on this site, is only a small part of life.
Milla, you are SO right. There are a great deal of really sensible, reassuring and experienced messages here tonight which are so comforting.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Thank you everyone for all your kind messages and words of wisdom :D :D :D

For a moment I thought duh should I share that she didnt make it again :roll: but I got a lot of support here and it would have been wrong to pretend its all good. At least its a reminder that even with all the hard work, it may not be the school for them.

I am feeling positive for the school she may go to now. Fingers crossed she gets in. We are still waiting for one more result :shock: but with the way things are going we need God's mercy :?
Impossible is Nothing.
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

sherry_d wrote:Thank you everyone for all your kind messages and words of wisdom :D :D :D

For a moment I thought duh should I share that she didnt make it again :roll: but I got a lot of support here and it would have been wrong to pretend its all good. At least its a reminder that even with all the hard work, it may not be the school for them.

I am feeling positive for the school she may go to now. Fingers crossed she gets in. We are still waiting for one more result :shock: but with the way things are going we need God's mercy :?
Happy to hear you're feeling positive. give her lots of cyber hugs and cuddles from me. x x x x
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

To those who did not get the result they were hoping for just remember this. The fact that you are logged on here means you care deeply for your Dc's education. This is more important than the school the DC goes to. With parental support and love THEY WILL SUCCEED. All the work you and they put in will bear fruit. The maths, english etc work you did with them will help enormously when they are in year 7 irrespective of the school. So give them a big hug and rest assured you are the best parent your child could have and with you behind them the world's their oyster.
zink

Post by zink »

[quoteThank you everyone for all your kind messages and words of wisdom :D :D :D

"sherry_d"=]

I hope you get the result you want Sherry. The forum is great for providing support and help. Great if your kids get to Grammar school but not the end of the world if they don't. What matters is making the best of whatever opportunities you have.

Grammar school doesn't guarantee you success in life. Hardwork, a bit of luck and persistence are the necessary ingredients to success. You sound as if you all of these.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Hi, this is the first time I have posted but have been looking at the posts for while. Have found the site so helpful. Unfortunately we didnt get the result we hoped for, lots of tears. I know its not the end of the world, just feels like it at the mo. Nice to hear about other peoples stories of good times at non GS. Thank You.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Congrats to all those that passed, but also very sad for those that didn't, particularly you SherryD, but there's no soubt your DD will succeed in life whatever school she goes to which such a supportive and motivated mum :)