Travel to Tunbridge Wells Boys Grammar from Crowborough

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ccbeaney

Travel to Tunbridge Wells Boys Grammar from Crowborough

Post by ccbeaney »

Feel free to move to correct place, We currently live in Tunbridge Wells but are looking at moving to Crowborough i was just wondering if anyone else on this forum were in the same position and how do their boys get to school and does it work, there is a bus that goes at 07.54 from where we are moving and it says it arrives at 08.28 at the Cross Keys so not a problem but two mornings i have noticed it being very late is this the norm ???? Please help if you can. :?:
doodles

Re: Travel to Tunbridge Wells Boys Grammar from Crowborough

Post by doodles »

Try this link - it may give you alternative buses. We found one that took nearly twenty minutes off the journey to Skinners for DS1.

http://www.11-19travel.info/jplanner.htm
klmh1968

Post by klmh1968 »

Forgive me if i have this information correct but i thought Tunbridge Wells Boys Grammar had a catchment area? Is this correct?
SSM

Post by SSM »

I haven't check but I thought it allocated places on distance. I'm not sure if it gives priority to KCC residents.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Perhaps OP already has dc at the school?
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

I'd read the OP as someone currently in TW looking to possibly move to Crowborough once their child had a place at a grammar.

I'm sure it's possible for travel from Crowborough to TW grammars - there are many Bennett and St Greg's children who live in Crowborough and travel in each day and also boys who travel to Skinners'.
SSM wrote:I haven't check but I thought it allocated places on distance. I'm not sure if it gives priority to KCC residents.
Boys Grammar will only take children from out of county once all Kent boys in a selective area have a place. Then they will take OOA/OOC on distance. Occasionally, like this year, they will take children from Sussex but it is becoming a rarer and rarer thing.
ccbeaney

Post by ccbeaney »

Sorry both my boys are already well established at TWGSB i'm not one of those get the children in and move types :P
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now