MGGS/Invicta?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
alfie2

Re: MGGS/Invicta?

Post by alfie2 »

Can I just add that initially the travelling was an issue for me as DD gets on the bus at 7.25 and I was having kittens for the first couple of weeks but there are other MGGS girls on her bus and she has always been looked after. Now after the first half term, she is super confident about it and thoroughly enjoys the friendships she has made on the journey.

IMO the school -MGGS that is - definitely has a more old fashioned and traditional feel than Invicta so I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

When you visit the schools, then hopefully you will know. Whichever you choose, they are both great schools.

Good Luck
Alfie
westkent

Post by westkent »

How far out have Invicta gone in recent years?

Am I right that score has no impact on getting in, as long as you pass?

We are not in the Kent area of Education although we are still in Kent and I would say around 12 miles away. Would we come below all those people within the specified area, even though they may be further? I beleive this to be the case but I didn't get a clear answer from the school today.

Many thanks for any help.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

westkent wrote:How far out have Invicta gone in recent years?

Am I right that score has no impact on getting in, as long as you pass?

We are not in the Kent area of Education although we are still in Kent and I would say around 12 miles away. Would we come below all those people within the specified area, even though they may be further? I beleive this to be the case but I didn't get a clear answer from the school today.

Many thanks for any help.
I understand that they have been undersubscribed after first allocations in recent years. All applicants in the scheme of education will get priority, and then if places remain, those outside the area will be allocated places on distance.