does your child find bonds hard?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sherry_d

Re: does your child find bonds hard?

Post by sherry_d »

Vary your materials too, bonds are good but after a while they get a bit tedious. You could use AE tuition books too. There are 6 in total but I would only bother with book 1 as it contains most of the stuff you need but be careful it goes up to KS3 so some of the question are tad harder and not necessary for 11+.

Another book I highly recommend is so you really want to learn maths book 1. Its marketed more towards common entrance but the exercises and extension questions are fantastic for 11+. Unlike most textbooks which asks straight questions like 300 x 12 which you will not find in 11+ tests they have questions and extension work very good for 11+ and worded in a similar sort of way. A few sections arent relevant for 11+ exams but if you have the Bond how to do 11+ maths it will be a good guide for what you need to cover. The only downside is the book is a bit pricey around £15 and you have to buy the answer book separately too so almost £30. I think the chepeast place where I bought mine from was the Book Depository for £23 for both including shipping.
Impossible is Nothing.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now