Form groups

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
WesterhamMum

Re: Form groups

Post by WesterhamMum »

Hi again

Sorry I seem to have confused everyone! The girls are split into 5 forms which are done geographically, but the forms are also their houses. Both my DD’s are in Taylor so I have one in 7T and one in 8T. They stay in their form groups for registration and some non academic lessons such as PE. The 5 forms are then split into 6 split groups which are X1, 2 & 3 and Y1, 2 &3. These split groups are just made up by going down the register in each of the forms and putting the first child into X1, the next into X2 and so on. This means that although you DD’s will be in forms (which are also houses) with other children living in their areas, it is pot luck as to whether or not these same children will be in their split groups. Obviously there will be four or five who are in their form and their split groups, some only in their forms and others only in their split groups. They also have different groups for languages as they will all chose different ones, so these are neither split groups or forms. After year 7 some other subjects such as maths get streamed so again, they will have different children in these groups.

So you will find out what form (and therefore house) your daughters are in at the induction day and these are done geographically, so you can still organise a meet up and arrange travelling companions if you like. It is a strange system but quite nice because my DD’s are with different children in their forms, languages classes, split groups and streams so get to mix with many people. This along with the children they know from the bus, their clubs and triple X means that they have loads of friends. My youngest did not know anyone in her year but now has so many friends that I can’t keep track of them all so don’t worry!

Sorry if I have confused you even more but please feel free to ask again if I have!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now