Simon Langton Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
katel

Simon Langton Grammar

Post by katel »

Is there anyone else on here hoping for a place at Simon Langton Girls Grammar in Canterbury?
hernebay mum

simon langton

Post by hernebay mum »

no sorry we are hoping for the boys, my friends daughter is hoping though!!
solimum

Simon Langton

Post by solimum »

I was there thirty years ago - a terrifying thought!
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

Our daughter’s hoping for a place and it seems to be the preferred Canterbury selective school at her primary. We thought she’d do better in a single sex school plus I think quite a few people have been put off Barton Court because they’re worried by the IB.
Bfamily

Simon Langton

Post by Bfamily »

Hoping for a pass for Simon Langton Boys.
I was put off by Barton Courts IB.
Keeping everything crossed.
Two class mates books have 'vanished' but not my son's!!
Not sure whether that's good or bad news.Has he passed so no HT appeal or not high enough to appeal? Although only a select few pupils were put through at my Son's primary school based on teachers expectations/recommendations.
:roll:
mumof2

simon langton

Post by mumof2 »

I am hoping for simon langton boys, my son really only wants to go there, we totally loved the school, is anyone else feeling really sick today? this morning is creeping by very slowly!my friends daughter attends the langton girls school and is very happy there, they do work hard though,lots of homework.Good luck to everyone for tomorrow.
katel

Post by katel »

Interested that the IB put people off - I thought that was a point very much in Barton Court's favour. The music at Simon Langton was what swayed our decision. Oh, and the fabulous art.

simon langton

Post by Guest »

The IB never put us off, we loved Barton Court as much as Simon Langton, but our son is very good at maths and science, so Simon Langton was more suited to him, but for my daughter, in 2 years time, i would consider Barton Court because it is a small school she would be more confident there,really you have to choose a school that your child will excell at and fit in best,my son had decided on Simon Langton within minutes of looking around, and we looked twice! at both schools day & evening just to be sure.
Kentish

What's an "IB"?

Post by Kentish »

I'm not up with the lingo - what's an "IB" exactly?

ib

Post by Guest »

it stands for international baccalaureate, it is a qualification which some schools use and universities, barton court is the first school down this way to use it, i don't know enough about it really,but i think more schools will eventually use it over time.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now