Kent 2012 Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Re: Kent 2012 Test

Post by doodles »

VillageDad they are the ones that we've got. I thought they were a bit more fun than going straight into "hard core" 11+ :lol:

MY DS2 isn't 9 until June but did OK with the first few pages of NVR book. As I said DS1 had to step in with the cake questions and also the odd one out questions - you'll see the ones I mean. Bit worried about my capabilities now!

Doing more Boggle, Scrabble, Rummikub etc at the moment. He has also found a games website which has a sort of "countdown" game (you know vowels and consonants etc) on it so he has been on that.

I just need to keep his brain in gear in a low level sort of way without scaring him :?

Good luck
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I think they are designed to reinforce the skills needed and to maybe make it a bit more fun...that was why I bought the books, I thought they looked more pleasing for my slightly lazy son !!

Do we mainly have sons for 2012 ? Any girls out there ?

Doodles....I diy ds1, but I have to say I did have to keep checking the answers ! I was worried how to explain the answer to my ds if I didn't understand it myself, but luckily he was really good at it and would explain it to me !! I did buy the " how to do " books which helped...but I found there was always 2 answers which were similar and I found it difficult to choose between.I think with the nvr it may be something you can either do really well or not at all.It's like those pictures within a picture...I can never see those either !

Now my ds1 has been through it all ds2 is quite excited and receptive to it all ( at the moment !)
dottie1974

Post by dottie1974 »

scarlett wrote:
Do we mainly have sons for 2012 ? Any girls out there ?

Yes - my DD is a girl lol! :lol:

Dottie
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I really don't like this site - was just reducing my hours on it gradually when this pops up! I am in for the final time - September 2012. Would like to think I won't stress as much but know it is not true - my experience is that the more you know the worse it gets!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Dottie...nice to have a girl in our group ....welcome Miss Dottie ! :D

Neurotic kent mum....you have to wean yourself off slowly and def not a good idea at this stage...you might miss something vital ! As well as 2012, I could have one for 2014 :shock: So I'm expecting to be on here for years !! :D
doodles

Post by doodles »

[quote="neurotic kent mum"]I really don't like this site - was just reducing my hours on it gradually when this pops up! [quote]

We have ways of making you stay with us :lol: :lol: :lol:
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

My son took the Kent test just gone and I've got a girl for 2012 too. Oh and a boy for 2017 and girl 2018....................... :shock:
hopefulmumanddad

Post by hopefulmumanddad »

Count me in the 2012 club - i have a DS - he is enjoying NVR (except codes which we are avoiding just now) and i'm trying to do more reading with him as he is somewhat reluctant unless it is Wimpy Kid!
Also have a DD for 2011 - so if any of you are out there let me know as it's my first time going through 11+ :) and I could do with some help!!!

My DD does like to play teacher and DS does read to her at night sometimes when they go up play before bed. She is also very good at explaining math strategies to him as multiplication, subtraction, division etc alot different than in my day!

Hopefully we'll all keep each other sane :shock:
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

hopefulmumanddad wrote:Count me in the 2012 club - Hopefully we'll all keep each other sane :shock:
Don't know about that :lol: but my dd is a 2012 girl too so count us in please :D
Miss Tigger is pretty good at nvr (so they tell me :lol: ) but I think the vr will be errr....interesting ! We are not doing too much at the moment ,no books or exercises as yet but puzzles and problem solving are popular.
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

my experience is that the more you know the worse it gets!
I was blissfully inorant last year when DS1 took the test. This year, the pressure is on with DS2, taking the test in September, mummy getting nervous, DS2 just plodding along 'very nicely thank you'. "What is all the fuss about, mum, it's only a test." :shock: :?