For those that did and those that did not

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bit of advice

For those that did and those that did not

Post by Bit of advice »

Hi all

I know the gut wrenching feeling of the waiting for the dreaded test result and what ever your child result, I hope that you guide them to deal with this news well.

When my son took the test last year, I was an emotional wreck from November until the begining of March but I constantly told my son to not worry about it. My advice was do your best, you can do no more, and you are a winner.

Just remember, the result of the test is not the end of things whichever way it falls......its only the begining! A pass means nothing if your child struggles at Grammar, when they would have excelled at a comprehensive. The same exam opportunities are available to all whether it be at the Comp or Grammar. What really matters is what your child does in the next 5 or 6 years.

My advice to you is..........be proud of your child for surviving one of the most tense and testing events of their young lives and encourage them to do their best at their new school, no one can do more than their best.

Your encouragement and guidance will be the real factor in what happens in the rest of your childs life, not the 11 plus test.

For the record, my son passed and is doing very well at Grammar school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now